1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Annoying keyboard popup when hitting the home button.Support

1. dreamopolis

dreamopolis New Member

Hi, I just bought a galaxy note 10.1. Very impressed so far but.....

.. I've noticed that when I hit the home button it sends me to the home screen but immediately brings the keyboard up at the same time. I only have to hit the keyboard hide button in the bottom left corner but it's kinda annoying. Is there a fix for this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Have not seen thi shappen on mine. Hav you checked Keyboard and Input Settings?
  3. dreamopolis

dreamopolis New Member

Hmm. Seems to be only happening when I am using the home key to exit social apps like FB and FB messenger.
  4. Szadzik

I'd say check input options.
  5. pwatkins

pwatkins Active Member

Definitely not somethkng I have ever seen - or seen reported. If you have ported over your apps from another device they may have incompatible settings. Maybe best to delete and reload, making sure you keep your data.
  6. randalicious

randalicious Member

I too get this and its very annoying. I'm assuming you have created folders on your home screen as it only ever happens to me when I return to the home screen from an app which I have placed in a folder. Returning to the home screen sees the folder open with the app inside and the keyboard pops straight up. Very annoying.
  7. Szadzik

Does it not stay open because it goes in the field where you can rename the folder?
  8. randalicious

randalicious Member

I have just tried this and yes...the keyboard opens and allows you to edit the folder name. How on earth do I stop that as it is plain frustrating and needless.

Thanks.

Steve.
  9. Szadzik

Do those folders already have names?

A workaround would be to use an app for folders instead of built-in folder functionality. Folder Organizer and the like come to mind.
  10. randalicious

randalicious Member

They are all named...

I'll look into an App....thanks.
  11. shoneymk

shoneymk Member

This happened with me when coming out of folders
    After update to Jellybean all works okay and I must add that the Jellybean update is fantastic and just adds More good stuff to an already great Tablet :)