Annoying Message "Prevention Information"Support

Last Updated: 2014-02-24 10:12:56
  1. gertroid

gertroid New Member

I tried this*today*and the message doesn't appear anymore in the notification bar. What I did was when 'prevention message' appear I long pressed on the message and press 'app info'. It led straight to knox notification. I force stopped it, cleared the data and cache. Then straight away I went to settings> general> security, and unticked unknown sources. Worked for me

Advertisement
  2. sjfwhite

sjfwhite Member

The same thing worked for me but after rebooting the phone, the problem came back.
  3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it since I froze everything that said knox in the program list. Of course you have to be rooted to do it that way but it does appear to work.
  4. Limeybstd

Limeybstd Well-Known Member

I started to get this message on my N900T unrooted last week. My wife's N900A again unrooted has not been getting this message. Most peculior, I did notice Google Settings app and unchecked verify apps, lets see....
  5. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

Same here.. there is another thread about it but I don't think They figured out how to get rid of it..??
  6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

So far the only cure I've seen from dropping into threads is to perform a factory reset. Not sure if that works all the time, but it has helped quite a few. Probably not what most people want to do though.
  7. Ametz

Ametz Active Member

I also have this message with my Note 3
  8. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I've seen at least 4 people that did a factory reset and as soon as they got back in it the warning popped right back up.

The only thing that's working for sure right now is to freeze all of the knox parts on the phone. It's a samsung problem. I'm sure they'll come out with an update soon enough to fix it.
    jhawkkw likes this.
  9. syook

syook Member

Please guide me to the Google setting...I am using Note 3. Thank you
  10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I just checked the don't show for 30 days box lol

I have done no updates other than apps so it is unclear why it suddenly started
  11. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

I'll add another "WTF?!? This just started happening to me out of the blue!" to the pile. Never touched Knox, disabled Lookout on day one and I do the hokie pokie religiously every morning when I wake up. It popped up this morning when I got to work and got on the wifi network. Last time I was on wifi was yesterday and I didn't have this issue. In fact, I've had this phone just over month now and not had this issue until now. I don't have auto update set on my apps. So this has to be something updated in the background.
  12. tenyc424

tenyc424 Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

Maybe someone can help me out. I have a sprint note 3. At first I was thinking about returning the phone when I first got it because of the call issues but decided to take the risk and try out the phone. I did apply the MJ4 update which addressed the call issue. My phone was fine at first, great battery life and everything. I did a factory reset because I read that someone did it after the update and it improved the call quality and signal strength even more (stupid me). which was a big mistake. Now before I did the reset for some reason I was able to uninstall the sprint bloatware which I found strange and my battery lasted almost a day and half without recharging. After the factory reset I keep getting an annoying message everytime I connect to Wi-Fi which I believe is knox and the reset somehow tripped it because before I never got the message. I can't remove the sprint bloatware and my battery drains faster. I fully charged my battery last night before I went to bed and found it at 50% this morning. I even had battery saver on because the battery seemed to drain faster after the reset. The phone has no other apps installed other than what came with the phone. Also the fact that I was able to remove sprint bloatware has me wondering if I was sent a phone that was previously rooted or messed with instead of a new phone? Any thoughts?
  13. Byair

Byair Well-Known Member

I see this "annoying message" (and knox icon) the first time to day when I changed my wifi network from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz. So maybe wifi related problem?
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Duplicate topics merged in.:)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  15. iggibar

iggibar Active Member

I'm not sure what's going on with my phone now. After getting the message two days ago, my phone has been running hot all on its own. It actually gets hot to the touch, even if I go through Android's app closing menu, as well as clearing cache and ram. My battery dies within an hour. Something is obviously running in the background, and does not show in the system. All this crap started happening after getting that stupid prevention information message. I have tried restarting the phone multiple times, nothing changes. I'm working right now, and my phone is completely dead, without having even touched it once!

Also, the battery depletes even when charged with the original Samsung wall charger and usb cable.
    I also get the prevention information message after every reboot, even after clearing the cache and data.

I can't wait to root it and install a custom 4.4 on it to get rid of all the garbage bloatcrap on it.
  16. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

I have disabled both the ANT apps and unchecked the "verrify apps" in Google Settings that mysteriously appeared on my phone.
    I have rebooted the phone and also jumped a couple of wifis and so far have not had the popup for over 24 hours.
    I haven't installed knox and my phone is not locked to a carrier and was purchased from Samsung.
    Looks like I've got it sorted here............for now
  17. gertroid

gertroid New Member

This is what I have tried most recently. Go to settings/general/security and switch to this security level.

Attached Files:

18. gertroid

gertroid New Member

19. madfloyd

madfloyd Member

How does one reboot a N3?
  20. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Hold in the power button until it asks to restart, shut down etc. For a completely clean reboot, i'd remove and reinsert the battery while it's powered off.
  21. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

I've got the same problem on a brand new phone I got just last Tuesday.

It started before I added any programs. I don't have "Trust Go Security" as a listed app (AT&T).

What is Knox? I cleared the caches for each Knox app I found, restarted, but the notice is still there.
  22. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

I must have missed the second page of this thread before posting, sorry.

I tried the above advice, and it seems to have worked, at least the warning didn't pop up when I rebooted.

But will unchecking the "unknown sources" mean I can't download apps from Amazon?
  23. iggibar

iggibar Active Member

I had PLENTY of time to on my hands today when I got home, and thought I would have a staring contest with my phone. I noticed that the message would pop up pretty frequently once dismissing it, and waiting for about 10 minutes. So, I decided to just stare at the running apps in the application manager tool. There's this thing, maybe it's an app, but it's called "favorite apps." Every time it pops up, the "prevention information" message pops up, and the "favorite app" quickly disappears off the list. Every time! Anyone know what this favorite apps thing is for, and how to get rid of it?
  24. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

well good thing I searched because im having this same exact problem! I just bought my N3 from T-Mobile and as soon as I got home I booted it up and connected to wifi and the message pop up! it's really annoying .. has there been any work arounds yet?

[​IMG]
  25. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Active Member

I'll just register that I'm getting this message also, started a few days ago. I've not used Knox, I'd delete the offending app if I knew what it was!
    Haven't undertaken any fixes yet.
    Threat or just an annoyance?