Annoying pop-ups?Support

Last Updated:

1. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Well-Known Member

Don't know what I've done but I am getting very annoying adverts popping up on any app that I open. How can I get rid of these and how did I manage to get them?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Probably an app causing that.

Is your phone rooted? You can use an ad blocker.

Or to locate the app causing it, use Air push detector
  3. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

I've had this happen before. It is probably an app, like a free game or something. Sometimes if you read the app description carefully they will say that they are installing something to that effect or some shortcut on your homescreen.

It's annoying, but as long as they disclose it, no biggie... gotta get their revenue somehow...
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yes, the devs (usually) include a disclaimer/warning of sorts regarding the ads. Those that don't need to be contacted and perhaps Play Store contacted as well.

And of course, going with paid apps (usually) eliminates the ads.
  5. patruns

patruns Well-Known Member

What apps did you recently install? My wife got that from a free live wallpaper. It even put ad shortcuts on the home screen.
    tube517 likes this.
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

In addition to the great advice that Frisco and others have given, Id like to toss in a few forum thread links for you to check out. They should both supply you with the knowledge you need to hopefully prevent this from happening again. Of course, there is always the good old fashioned "read the comments before you download" advice also. Nine times out of ten people will be screaming in the comments about push advertising.

http://androidforums.com/android-ap...s-unwanted-shortcuts-browsers-redirected.html

http://androidforums.com/android-ap...explained-security-tips-avoiding-malware.html
    tube517 likes this.
  7. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyones replies, i will check when i get home from this 5 day break in tenerife.