• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

annoying problem: screens constantly load

First off, let me say that I really really like these forums. I have been lurking forever and have never had to post any questions because I can ALWAYS do a search and find a post that leads me in the right direction. This one has me stumped though.

I rooted this past weekend and flashed the new fresh2.0d ROM. I upgraded the 1.5.2 image to 1.6.2 and I just installed the 2.42.00.03.10 radio.

Now when I back out of any program I get a black "fresh" screen and my home screen loads like it does when the phone boots up. My twitter app and my bookmarks do the same. This is each time I back out of a program. It only started today after I upgraded the image and radio. Would those cause this or is it another problem? Thanks for any help guys!

First off, let me say that I really really like these forums. I have been lurking forever and have never had to post any questions because I can ALWAYS do a search and find a post that leads me in the right direction. This one has me stumped though.

I rooted this past weekend and flashed the new fresh2.0d ROM. I upgraded the 1.5.2 image to 1.6.2 and I just installed the 2.42.00.03.10 radio.

Now when I back out of any program I get a black "fresh" screen and my home screen loads like it does when the phone boots up. My twitter app and my bookmarks do the same. This is each time I back out of a program. It only started today after I upgraded the image and radio. Would those cause this or is it another problem? Thanks for any help guys!

not sure if it's the radio cuz it use to do this to me all the time on fresh 1.1 and i had no radio update. i believe it has something to do with your internal memory. if it's low then it'll try to reset itself to get some memory back so it loads everything back up. happens a lot if u have A LOT of apps or widgets running on ur screens..don't quote me tho

Upvote 0
I get the same thing on 2.0d. I agree that it seems like a memory thing. It usually happens when I quickly flip from one app to another. Funny thing is after the black "
fresh" screen and everything reloads it picks up right where it left off. It crashed when I was trying to make a call, so I set it aside to let it do its thing. It finished and connected the call. luckily it was quiet and I heard it start ringing.

Upvote 0
Well I started off with the Moderate preset and just changed it to Aggressive a day or two ago, coincidentally right around the time my phone started doing this. I switched back to Moderate a few hours ago but that didn't fix it. It does make sense that it's a memory issue and maybe my apps have to reload because there isn't enough space for the cache. Sound right? I just wonder why no one else has this problem. Hmm.

Edit: I downloaded Spare Parts and messed with a few settings and now the problem has seemed to disappear.

If it had not been for this forum I would never have known what to look for. I am so glad I'm rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones