annoying problemsSupport

1. androidey

androidey New Member

Hi All,

So I have had my DHD for afew months now and have noticed some problems that seem to be recurrent. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

- For some reason when i transfer a large file to my DHD from my USB cable (with the connection mode in the "mass storage mode") my phone will almost always crash and restart. Shortly after i unmount the phone it will usually freeze then reboot. After it reboots it usually doesnt detect the SD card (i use the one that came with the phone) and i will need to take the sd card out and reinsert it to get the phone to detect it. Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

- As with the previous post, sometimes the phone says "SD card removed" (or similar) when the sd card is still in. To get it to detect the card i need to remove it and reinsert it. It is the original card.

- The power button on top is stuck down alot of the time. I think some lint or bits of dust have got in there and jammed it down. I can still use it(its just not springy) and want to know if there is some way i can pull the front cover off easily without voiding my warranty (i.e. without leaving any evidence of removing it) so i can clean out the button area.

- For some reason my speaker distorts allitle bit during phone calls when the volume is on full. This only recently started happening and it seems fine when playing music etc.

Any help or fixes would be greatly appreciated :)

Note that in terms of condition i have never dropped the phone on the ground or in water etc. its in excellent condition.

Cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The power button is a bit rubbish anyway to be honest, it can take a little "persuasion" to work on occasion. I'm using the Otterbox Commuter Case & it solves the problem as it has a little wedge in it which helps push the button down.

Sounds like your SD Card isn't insterted/inserting properly. Is it definitely wedged in? I think others have gone so far as to tape it in place! Search to see if that's the case though.
  3. hocturnalsoul

hocturnalsoul Well-Known Member

Because of the unibody design (no cases or covers except for battery and sim/sd card) there is no way of taking it apart without voiding the warranty. try getting a can off compressed air (fairly cheap from most computer tech stores) and spraying the speaker and the components that read from your SD card. If you still have trouble with the SD card, try another one. Card may be failing.