• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying rebooting issue.

leemozoid

May 17, 2010
Is the Droid particularly susceptible to minor shocks? I have found mine to be particularly sensitive. When dropped to a tabletop from the incredible height of a half inch the screen went black and the phone rebotted. Yesterday while it was resting in the armrest console in my truck I went over a particularly rough set of RR tracks and it did it again. What was most annoying then was that I was using the NAV function to direct me to a job interview and I had to stop and wait for it to restart so I could restore the directions. I have checked the battery and cover. They both seem to have a good, tight fit with no slack or movement. Thoughts?

I used to have this same problem. But for some strange reason, after rooting my phone I've never had one of "these" reboots happen again. Sure, my phone has rebooted because of the ROM or kernel I'm running, but I've since dropped my phone from heights of 4-6 feet and the phone hasn't rebooted as a result. Once, in fact, the phone fell off of my lap while getting out of my car (Ford Explorer) and landed on my driveway and save for a small scratch on one corner, nothing else happened to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones