Annoying rebooting issue.

Last Updated:

1. leemozoid

leemozoid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is the Droid particularly susceptible to minor shocks? I have found mine to be particularly sensitive. When dropped to a tabletop from the incredible height of a half inch the screen went black and the phone rebotted. Yesterday while it was resting in the armrest console in my truck I went over a particularly rough set of RR tracks and it did it again. What was most annoying then was that I was using the NAV function to direct me to a job interview and I had to stop and wait for it to restart so I could restore the directions. I have checked the battery and cover. They both seem to have a good, tight fit with no slack or movement. Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. PennState

PennState Active Member

I have the same issue. Very minor shocks cause a restart. Im starting to believe its because of a looser battery cover than other droids.

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Not normal. Maybe a defective accelerometer? The Droid has no moving parts and the battery is in there pretty snugly so it shouldn't be moving around from a shock.

4. leemozoid

Happened again today. Sitting in a movie theater and I put the phone in the cup holder and just the minor contact caused it to reboot.

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It's definitely defective. Take it back to Verizon.

6. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Just to give you something to think about. I dropped my droid from about 6 feet and it did not restart. In fact it is still solid.

7. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

I used to have this same problem. But for some strange reason, after rooting my phone I've never had one of "these" reboots happen again. Sure, my phone has rebooted because of the ROM or kernel I'm running, but I've since dropped my phone from heights of 4-6 feet and the phone hasn't rebooted as a result. Once, in fact, the phone fell off of my lap while getting out of my car (Ford Explorer) and landed on my driveway and save for a small scratch on one corner, nothing else happened to the phone.

8. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Mine fell from my lap and onto the street as I was getting out of an SUV. It didn't reboot and doesn't have a scratch on it. I would ask Verizon to help me out on that one if I were you.

9. leemozoid

Happened again today. Going to take this one back to Best Buy and have a chat with them.

10. rfilotei

rfilotei New Member

yes I have the same issue, however I've not drop it yet on ANY surface. Out of the blue just constantly reboots. can't even shut it down for the night. Don't understand... I was just using as normal & no droppage but still reboots and shuts down non-stop... HELP!!!!!

11. rfilotei

rfilotei New Member

Obviously after reading some posts, i'am pretty much f*****... just gonna have to buck up and get a new one at the store... It ain't rite! Just ain't rite!!

12. PennState

PennState Active Member

Update: ever since I rooted I have not had my issue. I'm guessing instead of a defective accelerometer in many cases its an app bugging it. Maybe try wiping and seeing if it still happens?

13. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Probably defective, but you gotta stop "drop testing" it
    :p