Annoying ringtoneTips

1. Ramg66

Ramg66 Member

Ok I did a search so be nice. I like the standard ring tones, but when I get a call its like a freaking ring tone on steroids, it has no pause in between, its like a constant ring and annoys me and everyone around me. Please help, what to do?

TIA

Ramg66

Advertisement
  2. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

Ummmm...change your ring tone maybe?

Download "Ringdroid" and make a ring tone out of any song on your phone.

Or download "Zedge" and browse thousands of pre-made ringtones and apply those to your phone.
  3. Ramg66

Ramg66 Member

all the standard ringtone's do this, I dont like music ring tones. I guess I can look for a different ringtone and download. But why would EVO put such annoying freaking ringtones that just ring constantly?
  4. Ramg66

Ramg66 Member

BTW I absolutely love my EVO, I just want to know if I can put a pause in between rings, or do I have to download a new ringtone, but then I think that it will be the same, just a constant ringtone.
  5. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Well I don't know if you know this or not, but there's an option that when you move or pick up the phone, it switches to silent.

It's under the sound settings, Quiet ring on pickup.

BTW to the other guy above, you don't need ringdroid app, the music program already does this.

Just open the app, then go to whatever song you want to use, then push menu and press "Set as rington." You can choose the whole song, or actually trim it.
  6. Ramg66

Ramg66 Member

I have it set like that, but usually at my job I have to put down what I am working on and then I can answer. That is after my ringing annoys the shiot out of everyone around me.
  7. ThatNewAndroidGuy

Ahh, well if you don't like music, but still want to hear you're phone ringing, and kinda wanna scare the sht out of ppl xD, get the Metal Gear alert sound :p.
    I was actually thinking of using this for a text message notification :p
    YouTube - Metal Gear Solid - Alert Sound
  8. Ramg66

Ramg66 Member

Lol!!!!
  9. ThatNewAndroidGuy

Just set it up now, was confusing but found the folder. There's a folder on the SD card called Media, then navigate to audio>notifications and paste inside there. Just did it now, ITS LOUD JEEZ.

BTW I use this site to download mp3's off youtube.

YouTube to MP3 Converter - Video2mp3

Works great, and is high quality.
  10. clanger

clanger Member

I've used goldwave before to edit wav or mp3 tones - you can lower the overall volume of the file, or do a long fade in so it starts out soft and gets progressively louder - then you have time to catch it before it gets annoying...you can even add silence into the file anywhere you want. I'm sure there are other apps that will do the same thing, but play around with one and I bet you can get the stock ringtones you like to behave the way you want them to.