• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying things you do with your tech!

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
As the title suggests, what are the annoying things you do with your tech that you just cannot stop doing?

• For me, if I'm on my PC after reading a webpage i will always go straight back to my homepage afterwards and start again.

• On my phone I always swipe back to my home page when looking for an app, even if the app I need can only be opened from the apps draw!!

• Also on my phone, when I'm done reading a webpage i close the tab before going to another page in the vain hope the previous website will not track where I went too or the next page knows where I've been.. (no idea if that works, but I've convinced myself it does) :goofydroid:
:rolleyes:

I don't know that I do any annoying things with my tech as much as my tech does annoying things with me! For example, gadgets that think they know what I want more than I do. I KNOW what I want it to do, and it does something entirely different!

Beyond that, there's "Phantom Vibration Syndrome". Sometimes I feel a vibration on my wrist or hip, only to realize that I'm not wearing my smartwatch or phone! :thinking:

Upvote 0
Try a form of mnemonics.

The Vulcan had fun with an old poncho of mine, pretending he was Clint Eastwood from one of the spaghetti westerns. His ringtone? The Good, the bad and the ugly.

The vet uses alley cat.

Another friend - comes a time (she's always late) Religious friend gets Angel of the Morning.

Unknowns get Cocaine (MID)

Most are MIDS

Upvote 0
Does this qualify for this thread?

I intend to shamelessly repeat post elsewhere, but couldn't resist when this thread appeared.

I wish it was staged, and wish it was further in the past than earlier this very week. One thing I am confident of; It annoyed me, but certainly will not bother me any longer.
015.jpg

Upvote 0
As the title suggests, what are the annoying things you do with your tech that you just cannot stop doing?

• For me, if I'm on my PC after reading a webpage i will always go straight back to my homepage afterwards and start again.

• On my phone I always swipe back to my home page when looking for an app, even if the app I need can only be opened from the apps draw!!

• Also on my phone, when I'm done reading a webpage i close the tab before going to another page in the vain hope the previous website will not track where I went too or the next page knows where I've been.. (no idea if that works, but I've convinced myself it does) :goofydroid:
:rolleyes:
Not sure if this qualifies as "annoying" (probably more as "obsessing") but I am constantly opening Task Manager to check to see which apps are running - and if any app surreptitiously opened in the background and is running free and happily sucking precious battery life (such as the Samsung stock Music Player often does). That damn app made me paranoid!

Reactions: JAy3001
Upvote 0
Does this qualify for this thread?

I intend to shamelessly repeat post elsewhere, but couldn't resist when this thread appeared.

I wish it was staged, and wish it was further in the past than earlier this very week. One thing I am confident of; It annoyed me, but certainly will not bother me any longer.
015.jpg

I see you also had problems replacing the cooling fan on your laptop. :D

Upvote 0
Don't look at me;
"It was already broken when I arrived; And it was just fine when I left":D

Yes, the above was also intended to be a bit more open ended than a mere statement about computers; Another opportunity for friends in the room. Remember to keep a sense of humor, folks, and don't believe everything you see posted, it's just the internet, after all.
P.S. Other possible variants include, but not limited to:"I see your laptop isn't the only area of life where you have cooling fan problems", "I see I'm not the only one who.....", "If you're not to busy, could you help me with......", "I see you are among those special device users who.....", "I'm glad to see they let you have arts and crafts projects in the home" . The comic possibilities in life are near endless;)

Upvote 0
Annoying to others?

My offspring are annoyed when I check the app to see if there's any geocaches close by, or "mom, you're taking too many pictures of flowers and bugs!"

Spouse is annoyed when I am sitting in Starbucks and it's taking way too long to log into my account to add money to it when he thought I was going to be back in 20 minutes. Or when I don't hear my phone ring.

I get annoyed that when I hand my tablet to spouse to show him something funny, the screen has always changed to something else by the time it's in front of his face.

Reactions: zixxorb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones