annoying voice recording issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. monrealli

monrealli Member This Topic's Starter

I can't find sound recorder under application settings but no way to use it.It's at 0b.

Do i have to install an app in order to record audio?

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I've never really had a use for audio recording, but I think you do need an application. A quick search on the market will probably reveal many free apps for that, so I guess this isn't really an issue.

Also, this phone doesn't have Windows Mobile (we all know that), and my manual has Android screenshots so I don't really know what you're talking about.

3. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Only conforming (regarding Android screen-shots). Can you take a picture of the guide (cover sheet and the page with WM on it), so we can laugh. :D

4. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member

The phone has a sound recorder actually, but for some reason is hidden in the meandres of the system folders... you can dig it out with the app called Anycut from market. Go to New Shortcut/Activity and there you should find Sound Recorder or Voice recorder, depends on the rom i think. Problem solved.

Ps to myslef : Damn i`m amazed on how many things i learned about this phone in a month :D

5. monrealli

@thx puma ,weard that for a simple need like that i needed to download an app..i think la cabine telephonique screwed me a bit with this one,they replaced my storm with this one.didin't want another storm that's the best they could give me.

well each time i have a new phone i record my kids voice as ringtone..after that i never use voice recording

was suprised when i couldnt find the app in this one..i see it in options but no way to record audio

for those wondering about windows mobile 5 dunno i didint dig much about it but when i go to my phone model in sanmsung site ,in the how to guides there is windows mobile.

What to do when recording audio or video is unavailable? SAMSUNG

How to set a MP3 file as a Ringtone SAMSUNG

6. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member

Just play the recording in music player and hit the left button above call buttin, u have an option there to set as ringtone.

7. monrealli

:)

my issue wasn't that dumb,i know how to set up a ringtone :) i gave this link to show windows mobile pics u guys asked from samsung website

didin't know how to record voice and thx to u now i know

8. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

That's probably the Generic pictures they put for all the phones (they probably have 1 "How-to" per topic, not per phone).

I also bought mine at La Cabine T

9. monrealli

so tell me a galaxy for a storm is that good?

obviously conversation quality wise during calls,nothing can't be worse then storm.

generic pic ok, but the how to doesn't apply at all