Annoying Wi-Fi issue

Last Updated:

1. jamina1

jamina1 Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 10, 2010
    So I have an annoying issue, and I'm unsure if its because of the Rom I'm using or if its just a Froyo issue or just a bug.

A lot of the time, when my phone is locked and I've arrived at a new location that has Wifi, such as my house or my work, I have to unlock the phone, disable and then re-enable the wifi before it will automatically hook back onto the wifi network. Also happens sometimes if I'm at a restaurant - sometimes it will auto detect wifi signals but most of the time it won't.

This is annoying for 2 reasons - wifi is always on with my phone so it should always auto hook onto the network. Also I have a tasker profile set to make my phone silent when it hooks onto my work wifi. If it doesn't automatically do this it could *not* be silent for hours before I realize. Not to mention any inadvertent data charges that may go because of updates before it hooks onto the wifi (also on a very small AT&T data plan!)

This is a captivate running this rom [ROM][FROYO] Tayutama's 1.0.3 Lite Rom/Setiron's 1.2.6 Kernel with Extras - xda-developers with the JPP modem and Seitron Kernel.

Any ideas? Suggestions?