Annoying WiFi NotificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. RFclipse

RFclipse Active Member

I did a quick search, but didn't see anything on this particular "issue". I keep WiFi enabled because I always use WiFi at home and don't want to bother turning it on and off all the time. I have the following setting unchecked:

Settings -> Wireless and networks -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Notify me

When I'm at work, there is a guest wifi access point that I don't want to connect to, but I constantly get the "wifi networks available" message in the notification bar. Anyone know how to turn off this message? I don't want to turn off WiFi, just disable the annoying message that's letting me know that wifi networks are available. I remember a setting on my Dinc that allowed me to disable this message, but can't seem to find it on the Rezound.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Do you have unchecked the "notify me when a secure network is available?"
  3. RFclipse

RFclipse Active Member

Where is that setting located? The only thing I see within WiFi settings is "When launching apps, notify me when Wi-Fi is available". I've unchecked that box. I don't see the option you mentioned above in the Wi-Fi settings area. I'm running stock Android 2.3.4 w/ Sense version 3.5. Software number is 2.01.605.11.

Thanks!
  4. RFclipse

RFclipse Active Member

Bumping this back up. I'm I the only person having this problem?
  5. tCizzler

tCizzler Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. I couldn't get it to go away, so I caved and just turned off Wi-Fi
  6. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member

You're not alone. The last time this came up we came to the conclusion that there is no way to shut it off right now. It sucks, but until they put out an update we have to live with it.
  7. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

I get it all the time. Even when I drive by places that have a strong signal. It is frustrating.

At one point there was a "don't do this anymore" button, but it is not there now.

FWIW
    DLM
  8. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

That's strange. I am able to turn on and off the "notify me when WiFi is available for apps". Hmmm.
  9. aaronwt

aaronwt Member

I'm having no issue either. That was the first thing I unchecked after I disabled roaming.
    And I have not had any notifications. I will go by at least 50 wifi sites in the couple of miles between buildings at work when on the shuttle.