Annoyingly short screenlock timout problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. msiviter

msiviter Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can I alter the time it takes for the screen to lock? At the moment it's just 5 seconds or so, I can't do anything before I have to unlock again.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. chrism_s

chrism_s Member

If you go to Settings > Sound & Display> Scroll to the bottom and then Screen Timeout, you have various options.

Chris

3. msiviter

No that doesn't help I'm afraid! That is the delay before the screen reverts to the homescreen I think.

4. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

No, chris is right. That should do the trick for ya.

5. msiviter

Oh my phone is broken on day two then! Any more ideas?

6. Bozzy

Bozzy Well-Known Member

What version of firmware you have? Ive had the same problem on G4 and H2 but then updated to H7 and now its fine.

7. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I've seen a number of threads mentioning the H7 update. At one point, we were discouraged from updating because of some problem (compass, I think it was?) -- do you know if that is still the case, or has the issue been resolved and updating is fine now?

8. chrism_s

chrism_s Member

have you tried setting it to no timeout, see if that changes? can you describe the xact scenario when it locks, are you just on the home screen doing nothing?

9. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the time out on the phone keypad? I can't find a setting for that. It made setting up my voice mail....very frustrating. I would push the number to start recording my greeting and time out so that I had to double tap to so that I could stop recording. As a result you hear me tapping at the end of my greeting. Annoying.

10. pan

pan Active Member

I have the same problem, although it doesn't occur all of the time. I've set the timeout to one minute, but sometimes the screen will go black, and the phone will lock, after only a few seconds of inactivity - sometimes even during activity.

Another, possibly related, problem is that when the screen has gone black, and the phone is locked, sometimes the screen will flash on for a fraction of a second, even though it's just lying on my desk.

11. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Lame fix, but try recording your voicemail using your headset.
    The screen knows when you have the device next to your face and disables the screen to prevent rogue presses while in a call.