Annual upgrades? Why does new account say "New Every Two"?

Last Updated:

1. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I signed up with Verizon this morning for the X. The rep, who was the corporate store manager, told me my line will get annual upgrades. When I log into my Verizon account and check, it says I have 19 months to go with NE2. Do I need to contact Verizon or is this how it's done?

Advertisement
  2. gunderda

gunderda Well-Known Member

that's how it's done online.
    you get a NE2 every 2 years (end of contract) but they allow you to upgrade with it at 19 months. the ne2 is a discount of $50 or $100 off the price of the 2 year discount price of the phone you want to upgrade to.

the annual upgrade you can get every year.... however you have to pay an additional $20 on top of the 2 year contract discount price.

the annual upgrade is nice if you're sick of your phone after a year.
    the annual upgrade date will not show up on your account online. you just have to remember when you bought your phone and either call to upgrade or go to a store.

3. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah that works fine for me. I love the X, but I doubt I'll keep it longer than a year. Thanks a lot for your help.

4. hxrookie

hxrookie Member

It's $70 over the price of the phone not $20. :/

5. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

No, on a two year contract if you do an "annual upgrade" instead of waiting for your NE2 date, you pay an extra $20 to renew and you're only allowed to renew for another two years. No 1 year contracts on "annual upgrades".

I just did this today and have my receipt right in front of me. $20 Early Upgrade Fee.