• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another 'AP currently not in use' thread

droydette

Lurker
May 7, 2016
Hi,

So I'm glad other people seem to have fixed their problem, but it just doesn't want to work with me.

I've read quit a few 'AP currently not in use' threads. I have done everything that was recommended.

Let me give you some background before I tell you what I've done specifically:

My phone suddenly doesn't want to connect to my home wifi. My wifi is working on my computer just fine.

What I did:
  • I "forgot" my network, clicked on it again, clicked on the two boxes, manually plugged in my computer's IP. Sure, the wifi icon then turns up at the top of my screen, but it's all for show. If I go on the internet, it doesn't work.
  • I unchecked the 'smart network switch'.
  • I attempted to locate some "avoid poor connection" in my advanced settings to uncheck. While I can find the advanced settings, nothing remotely close to 'avoid poor connections' turns up among the options.

Can you help me out?

Thanks!

Hi,

So I'm glad other people seem to have fixed their problem, but it just doesn't want to work with me.
I've read quit a few 'AP currently not in use' threads. I have done everything that was recommended.
Let me give you some background before I tell you what I've done specifically:
My phone suddenly doesn't want to connect to my home wifi. My wifi is working on my computer just fine.

What I did:
  • I "forgot" my network, clicked on it again, clicked on the two boxes, manually plugged in my computer's IP. Sure, the wifi icon then turns up at the top of my screen, but it's all for show. If I go on the internet, it doesn't work.
  • I unchecked the 'smart network switch'.
  • I attempted to locate some "avoid poor connection" in my advanced settings to uncheck. While I can find the advanced settings, nothing remotely close to 'avoid poor connections' turns up among the options.
Can you help me out?
Thanks!

I really need some help :( I would super appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this!
Since you're not getting too many looks or responses to your question,feel free to repost in in the Android Questions Section,which will get a lot more looks & hopefully,some remedies for your connectivity issues.
Also,it may help to list the WI-FI equipment you're using as well..........................
http://androidforums.com/forums/android-questions.2400/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones