1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

another app for video sharing besides quik

Last Updated:

1. jgangsta

jgangsta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sry if this has been posted but i came acroos this site in a battle with qik, wat yall think they will use

Code (Text):
    1. http://www.kyte.com/platform/pg/kyte_mobile_app_frameworks#content=Android

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Interesting, Never heard of Kyte (then again never heard of Qik before the EVO).

I know there's a Ustream app for Android.
    http://www.ustream.tv/mobile

3. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Qik has been around a little while and I've had an account for a little over a year. Haven't heard of Kyte yet but I'll try out any app that works on my phone pretty much.

4. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member

From my understanding Qik is going to be the ones that releases a special piece of software to do "video chat". It will use just data, no minutes.

The other websites you mentioned will do. I think Ustream is kind of trashy, it allows webcams.

5. neodorian

What do you think this camera is? It's a 1.3MP camera hooked up to an internet connection....pretty much like any other webcam :)

It will be neat to see how this looks. I just pulled up some Qik videos I shot on my Touch Pro about a year or so ago and they look like crap.

6. MyHTCevo

Well since you'll be using 3G or Wimax it won't be an internet connection. If you were using wi-fi that'd be another thing.

It's not a webcam, it's a mobile phone camera. And you get what I mean. ustream and qik are two totally different kinds of users.

7. neodorian

I didn't mean to get into semantics but EVDO, Wimax, and a Wifi connection to a home ISP are still all ways to connect you to the internet. It's the same WAN whether you connect via Wifi or Wimax or whatever. The two are actually very similar.

As far as defining it by users, well, that is the case for any internet based service. Youtube and Veoh have totally different kinds of users but only because of the way people choose to use them. Same with Facebook and Myspace. Doesn't mean the tech isn't essentially the same.

8. MyHTCevo

I agree with you. Im just sayin one (Qik) is entirley mobile phone live streaming video. The other is mainly people at home in their underwear at home being stupid.But I agree both will be cool to use

9. mobileapps

mobileapps Member

@jgangsta - you are talking about Video Sharing Application or Live Video Streaming things.. Have bit confusion in that... looking forward to hear the solution for the answer

10. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

I find Tango to be MUCH better than Qik. Qik is a battery hog and I removed that isht right away