Another AT&Greed Restriction

Last Updated:

1. MrTony

MrTony Banned This Topic's Starter

I rooted the phone and promptly went to Gameloft in the phone's browser to install some games. AT&Greed intercepted the traffic and gave me the AT&T Gameloft page that ID'd the Captivate and said I could install only 1 game - Asphalt. I used Skyfire and it ID'd my Captivate as a Behold 2! I could install more games, but still only those AT&Greed would allow. It's the old MediaNet walled-garden crap!

I guess I'm going to have to install the stuff I want via the wire. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

AT&T is not intercepting anything. AT&T probably changed the browser user agent so that it is telling websites the user is browsing on their AT&T Captivate. Gameloft so happens to have a page catering to this I assume.

3. tcv

tcv Well-Known Member

Couldn't this be fixed by just taking out the sim card? It wold for sideloading apps, so I don't see how it would be any different here.

4. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member

If you suspect AT&T is interfering, what about putting the phone in Airplane mode
    and pulling the games down over Wifi?

5. Boramis

Boramis New Member

Like emuneee said, this is all handled by Gameloft's website. Their frontpage automatically redirects mobile browsers to the secondary page. You can see it by looking for "wapshop.gameloft.com" (the redirect location) in your desktop browser's "View Source" window.