Another 'back' button solution

Last Updated:

1. myxomat0sis

myxomat0sis Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I'm finding that I'm using the back button A LOT whether browsing the web or just navigating the OS. It kind of sucks because the buttons on the droid x are well, really small, and sometimes hard to press because they are so narrow and flimsy feeling. And depending on how you are holding the phone, it could be a good bit of distance for your thumb to travel or I'm finding myself having to reposition the phone in my hands just to reach the back button, which you seem to need very frequently.

Anyone know of any kind of back 'swipe' implementation ? Like some software you can install that makes it if you swipe left to right on maybe the top bar it goes back?

Advertisement
  2. flenn

flenn Member

Dophin HD browser (free from marketplace) has built-in swipe support. Click on the lower left corner of screen, then swipe for your action.

3. Gotta Be Mac

Gotta Be Mac Well-Known Member

Yeah I find myself constantly pressing the back button when in a text message to drop the keyboard. There's also the "Done" button but, we all know that should be a SEND button!

4. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

if you switch to the swype keyboard(which you can also just type regular on) there is a send button on the keyboard in texting...you don't have to hit done and then send

5. myxomat0sis

myxomat0sis Member This Topic's Starter

Sweet. I'll check it out. Hopefully it supports animated gifs too as the installed browser doesnt seem to.