Another battery question

Last Updated:

1. srhplover

srhplover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With respect, guys and gals, I posted this on XDA but no replies so far. Hopefully someone here might have noticed similar or have an idea as to what is going on.

I was using satnav at the weekend; the battery level indicator on my Desire went from green to orange (20%) and the existent data conection dropped off straightaway. I was unable to re-establish a data connection even after switching the phone off and on again. I was in an area of reasonable/good network signal strength.

The GPS continued to function however so I could still see my progress on the map but a data connection message appeared.

When I got home the phone continued to function on wifi (with GPS on too) for nearly another two hours before it turned itself off, so there was plenty of "juice" left.

My question is as to whether there is anything I can adjust to ensure that the battery continues to function fully (ie maintain a data connection) until it runs out? Or whether at 20% the phone is somehow set up to end a data connection?

Thank you.

PS I have now got myself an HTC car charger to make sure the battery will not drop that low again when I am using satnav.

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I can't think of any reason why the data connection shouldn't continue to operate until the phone powers itself off.

Do you have any kind of battery saving app installed which could maybe have caused it? If not it was more likely a coincidence that the connection was lost just at that point in the battery level.

3. srhplover

srhplover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that.

I do not have any battery saving app installed. As you say, it might be coincidence however, once lost, I could not re-establish the data connection.

I have noticed that, even on wi-fi, when the battery level drops into orange and then red levels I find it difficult if not impossible to connect to certain things. For instance I can connect to Facebook without a problem throughout but it becomes impossible to connect to my Hotmail account.

I have no issue with the battery (life etc) otherwise. It is as if it has a built-in censor ie "you are not using my remaining life for THAT!