another battery threadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

aight...how's everybody's battery doing after a normal monday workday? i think everyone will have improved battery life when they get into their regular routines and stop playing with their phones continuously.

here's how mine did today...i got a spare battery (eris) at the verizon store yesterday and popped it in...ran it down to 9% and put the charge to it. i left it on the charge till well past full charge then unplugged it and plugged it in again by my bed.

today i would consider my use moderate...after 12 hrs i still have 35% left on my battery...that includes an hour and a half of pandora at the gym.so i would say that i'm getting great battery life and this new battery isn't even close to being conditioned yet.

few of my settings:
    full brightness...i don't care for the auto brightness setting
    screen timeout 1 min
    weather update... sense every hr... weatherbug every 15 min
    facebook and twitter refresh every hour
    no bluetooth or wifi
    of course....data always on

as i've always said ....the best way to improve battery life is to slip a spare into your front left pocket. ;)

Advertisement
  2. Droidboy850

Droidboy850 Well-Known Member

I got the seidio 1750 and I took the phone off the charger at 7am it's now 5pm and I'm still at 80% with a few emails some video streaming and texting.

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

if you have to post "another" or "yet another" in your thread title, don't

My battery is great.

4. CatsTide

just don't post....look away my friend....

5. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Actually, yes it is. Li-Ion batteries do not have "Conditioning", but rather you calibrate the indicator inside the phone to be accurate.

Anyways, glad you are happy with your battery, especially with all the stuff you have on:)

computerpro3 likes this.
  6. CatsTide

good to know...i'm not a battery expert just going by what i've read....question for you...the calibration of the indicator inside the phone...is that battery specific or once you get it calibrated will it be the same with all batteries?

7. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

Well, working off of some suggestions from the board, I turned off wi-fi, bluetooth, gps and mobile network and just ran the phone as a phone/sms handset turning on the mobile network occasionally to check email and browse a site or two during the day and listening to Pandora for 15 to 20 minutes on the way home and my battery was at 66% after a 10 hour day at work. Not to shabby. :)