another bleedin' n00b!

Last Updated:

1. fatbloke

fatbloke New Member This Topic's Starter

Just found these forums..... excellent......

really like Android as a platform, just a shame that the hardware quality of my G1 is on par with a PoS!

Only found the forums cos a mate of mine who has a blackberry, has seen something about G1 upgrading to Eclair - I had to look that up to understand what he was on about.......

Oh well, back to the real world eh!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

3. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Aren't we all just a bunch of Noobs :D You'll find Android to be a very interesting and exciting technology. I myself have only been using it for a short time however I'm pretty much thrilled with it and don;t ever plan to go to a non-Android device. It's amazing. Dig in :)

4. fatbloke

Ha ha! Well I just liked the idea of a "proper" linux based mobile device that was availabe to me here in the UK rather than having to source something that might have been listed at "linuxmobile". As a long time linux user (but no kind of techie) I'm still trying to learn how to do stuff - invariably because it hits me with somethe I'm not familiar with..........

Either way, it does seem like an excellent platform, just a shame that the hardware isn't of the quality of the market leader........

Just picture it.........an Iphone quality device but running android.....it'd be "the dogs bollocks" and surely would piss on Jobs/Apples bonfire, big time!

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

look up the nexus one ;)

6. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Just a matter of time on that. Besides, I don't see what's so great about Apple's quality. The device itself is built pretty solid but that said, I still think my MyTouch is plenty good enough for me. I'm just looking for improvement on the camera and maybe speed but I don't think think the iPhone is all that any more. It's solid and feels good in the hand but other than that, I just don't think it has much on the new Android devices. Just living off it's laurels as they say :p

7. fatbloke

That's exactly what I mean.

Those with technical ability often overlook the tactile nature of electronic devices - no criticism intended if that describes you.......

But if you consider the relative "cleverness" of the iphone to start with, then an "early adopter" shows the friends who like me, enjoy technology but at the same time appreciate the quality of a well constructed, "solid" feeling piece of kit that performs well and bingo the word of mouth spread that backs up a forceful ad campaign and it just "walks out of the shop door".

Hence it's market lead means that I know almost as much about Iphones as I do my G1.

Yes, I also apreciate that as one of the first (the first???) Android devices there's bound to be improvements with time, but it's as if "they" never thought to test run it with non-techies to check quality of build as we'll as "usability"......... hell, I don't know, I'm guessing, but it does seem like that !

8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF!

9. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)