(Another) camera issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. DroidLove

DroidLove Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, same old story as you've all heard before... the camera. Just wondering if anyone's found a fix.

My camera used to work perfectly. My pics were amazing, and it was just... amazing. The focus was never off. Clear, crisp, sharp images. Now, out of nowhere it seems, the camera won't focus. My images are EXTREMELY blurry. It's terrible. Even when I'm just setting up to take the pic, the image looks blurry on the screen. It's bad enough that I can no longer even get the barcode scanner to work. I'm assuming that something's wrong with my lens and not anything to do with software etc. And yes, I've cleaned it. And cleaned it. And cleaned it to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. dt_

dt_ Well-Known Member

I'm just surprised that you ever had amazing pictures out of that thing. Did you ever transfer them onto your computer to see how they looked like on a screen other than the Droid's own?

3. DroidLove

DroidLove Member This Topic's Starter

I transferred them to my computer, uploaded to Facebook and Photobucket, printed at the Kodak things at Walmart, etc.

lol. Unfortunately, my example pics here are both self-portraits. It's not super vanity though. I promise. The one was to show a friend my hair after I got it cut. The blurry one was supposed to be the last pic with braces as they come off today.

So nice pic...
    [​IMG]

And out of nowhere, blurry pics...
    [​IMG]

4. crenita

crenita Well-Known Member

just as a double check go back and check that you haven't accidentally hit one of the adjustment buttons to something like Macro and be sure Steady cam is active and auto focus is ON.. I did that once with the macro and didn't remember ever using macro. Hope you can find out what is up. I took some great pix's a few days ago at the beach and I also use app FX Camera zoom that works great on this droid

5. GlassJoe

GlassJoe Active Member

I have the exact same issue and it really appears to be out of nowhere. The thing that I've noticed is the little bit of zooming that used to go on during the focus process (especially easy to see in the barcode scanner app) no longer happens at all. My phone is still in mint condition and I've cleaned the lense so it must be something internal. No idea why it would happen out of the blue.

6. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest the same thing. In camera settings, if you scroll all the way to the bottom, your can "Restore defaults". You might want to try that too.

7. mcknigs

mcknigs Well-Known Member

FYI I came here with the same question as the OP. Looked at my setup and determined I'd set it to macro at one point and hadn't set it back.