Another Droid look-a-like -- but this one does video-conferencing...

Last Updated:

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Could an app be made to allow a face-2-face phone call with the Droid somehow? I guess we would need another camera facing front (unless theres a secret one already in there that we don't know about, :rolleyes: hehehe...).

Anyway, it's Android, and it's amazing how they can get away with duplicating the Droid, all the way down to the lint in the earpiece, but the keyboard looks better: :cool:

#CES2010: Saygus VPhone Visits CES, Offers Video Calling Goodness Unwired View

There's also sample videos on youtube of this thing in action. Some sites suggest that it's going to Verizon as well.

Advertisement
  2. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

I don't see too much duplicated. The DPad is the same and it's black and rectangular, and the ear-peace is quite similar...but there's no lip, the keyboard is quite different, the back is much more curvy, the speaker on the back is different, the buttons at the bottom are quite different, etc.

Nice phone. I guess you could do a video conf app for the Droid if you just used a headset to talk, otherwise talking to the back of the phone is going to muffle the voice, obviously.

3. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it a look a like. The vphone has been floating around for about the same amount of time as the Droid.

4. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, good points on the differences. You guys have a much keener eye for details then I do... :eek: