another droid story for you guys

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by travva, Jan 6, 2010.

1. travva

travva Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    My stepmother is in the hospital for some minor surgery and she's going to be in for a few days. She's a big time facebolok user and we decided today we would swing by the house and get her laptop and bring it in. I used my droid before this to scan the hospital wifi and saw that it was there, and unsecured; sweet! Anyway, we get the laptop to the hospital and turn it on and i connect to the wifi and think nothing of it, everything seems cool. Wrong.

Come to find out the hospital blocks social networking sites. This seems pretty god damn ******ed to me, but what do i know? Anyway I figured I could get around it for her, but it was a bit trickier than I though. What I ended up doing was downloading this program called allsurf. I did it from my Droid because i couldn't do it from the hospitals connections. I didn't have my usb cable though. No problem. I'll email it to myself. Hell I can even rename it, in case they have zip files blocked. WRONG. Gmail is blocked. At this point I'm angry. Long story short, I went to the market and typed 'ftp' the first program was swiftp which is an ftp server and is AWESOME. It worked over wifi and saved my butt. I basically fpted from her computer into my droid(!!!!) and downloaded the file, ran it, and she was surfing facebook in no time.

:D

Advertisement

2. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    What do you mean by ftp?

3. square

square Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    what do you mean by major fail?

4. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
  5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    What do you mean by ignore it?

6. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Orange County, CA
    nice persistence. the sensation of victory is great when you are able to pull stuff off like that.

Joe

7. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    What exactly did the FTP do?

8. Richdog

Richdog Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Hehe awesome, my Milestone is similarly useful to me in situations like that. I love it. :)

FFS people use and iots of initiative and fire up google or wikipedia, it's not rocket science. :rolleyes:

9. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Thumbs up... score!

10. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    What's a thumbs up do?