1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Another early upgrade question......

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member

Hey all, I just got an email that said Best Buy has the Note 2 on sale for $99.00 today only. I have an upgrade available in 67 days. Is there any chance Sprint will allow me to upgrade early. I recently bought the Samsung Note 10.1 and really like it.....now I think I want the Note 2 to replace my evo 4g lte. Or should I wait the 67 days and see what else is coming out?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Honestly, I don't know about 67 days early. I've gotten Sprint to bump my upgrade up 6 weeks a few times over the years.. but 67 days might be pushing it.

And, could you share a link showing this deal, Please? I see the SGSIII, EVO, and Optimus G for 99 at BestBuy.. but not the Note 2. I would love to get a Note 2 for my parents for Christmas.. the screen size would be perfect for them since they are starting to show their age in the vision department... Presbyopia is a bitch! Thanks!
  3. bearballz

bearballz Well-Known Member

Amazon wireless has it for $99.00 as well (all backordered though). If there's a note III announcement it probably won't be coming until sometime in the Spring/early summer 2013? BB price matches Amazon btw so if you want a Note II I would go that route.

It doesn't hurt to call and ask if they can bump you up. But 2 months before your upgrade eliglibility would be kind of tough, but maybe due to the holidays they may let you slide.
  4. excav8ter

Sorry everyone....I misread the BB ad. It is the SG3 , not the Note 2....but if they will price match with Amazon, it may be worth a call to Sprint.
  5. bearballz

bearballz Well-Known Member

I don't think Sprint does prices matches. When I upgraded to my SIII I went to a Sprint store and asked if they would price match Amazon and they said no.

Went to BB and they priced matched it right away.
  6. excav8ter

Yeah....BB is where I generally go for my mobile needs.....I added my 12 year old daughter to my plan in early November and BB sold me a Samsung Galaxy 2 for $9.99 because Amazon had one for that price. I may call Sprint to see if I can upgrade my line early, and then head to BB for the Note 2.....but I may just wait and see if there is something else coming that catches my eye.