Another epic drop thread. Gin + Phone = Potential DisasterGeneral

Last Updated:

1. malice

malice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I went out last night to F & M's patio bar at about 2am with a friend, after we had been drinking beer and taking shots. Never a good start to a night. Around 4 am, as I was staggering in front of the bar digging in my pockets for another fiver to re-up my gin and tonic, I launched my incredible. I didn't even see where it went, I just heard the crack. I was like holy crap. Now to put this in perspective. This place is a super slummy dive bar in uptown New Orleans. There is no light. This place is packed with about five thousand 20 year old, ralph lauren wearing d-bags and similarly female counterparts because earlier in the day there had been a 7 girl debutant party. Well I got to lookin, and my phone had flown about 7 feet away from where I was standing, and thank god no one stepped on it. It had a clear verizon hard case on it, and that was nowhere to be found. I gave up looking for it, but it did its job. The phone doesn't have a single scratch. Thank God. From now on, when I get that drunk, I am leaving the phone at home.

Advertisement
  2. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Great story!

If it was me
    Would also include my car keys! LOL

congrats, you are a lucky man indeed! :D

3. Ldyrocawear12

Ldyrocawear12 Member

good thing nothing happened to the phone! That would of sucked

4. 762x51

762x51 Well-Known Member

Cell phones and drinking never mix. Reminds me of the time I was hammered and dropped my old Blackberry 8330 in the toilet at some bar in NJ. Ended up rinsing it off under the faucet and using the hand dryer on it. Still worked! Tough phone. :cool:

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Ha yeah you have to be careful with the super long wait you would have had if it broke

6. malice

It was a bad situation. Yeah I was walking last night so it was all good with the keys. I knew better on that.

The moral of this story is that I highly recommend a hard case. I think that basically the hard case absorbed the drop and popped off which saved the phone. I have a red silicone soft case on now cause it was a backup I had, but I will probably go back to hard case.

7. ORRY?

ORRY? Well-Known Member

Well, at least you didn't make any drunk texts/calls to your ex/random person in your contacts whom you rarely ever speak to...

8. Railz

Railz Well-Known Member

ORRY? and NightAngel79 like this.
  9. malice

OMFG you guys are awesome. I am downloading the app as we speak. I do always manage to make at least one stupid ass drunk call or text. This app is perfect.

10. malice

Damn it needs text support. Thats where I get into the most trouble.

11. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member

You weren't including yourself in this statement, were you? :p

Glad to hear your phone is ok though. I would have kicked myself if I was in that situation and it got damaged.

12. malice

I had nothing to do with that party. I was playin pool at Le Bon Temps with my homie Jean Luc. We went to his house, took shots, and decided at random to hit up F & M's. When we got there we were like wtf, why is the place so packed. I am not complaining though cause there were 8 gazillion hot young chicks, wasted, and dressed up. Im older than that crowd, and wouldn't normally hang out with em, but at 2 am drunk, nothing is more fun than dancing with hot drunk chicks.

13. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Sounds like fun was had by all. And you got to crawl away with a working phone in hand. Bonus.