1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Facebook update coming...

Last Updated:

1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. The Android app has long been behind the iPhone app.

We don't get accurate notifications for wall posts/comments, it doesn't have chat, and the most disappointing aspect of our app is that it's heavily dependent on the browser for a lot of functions. Fail.

3. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

Yea whoever develops for the iphone DEFINITELY needs to do our app.. as it is... it sucks. The only reason I even keep it on there is for my contacts sync. Other than that I use bloo for all my facebook functions since it has live notifications & chat.

4. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wasn't comparing it. I realize it's behind the iphone app. I can't even get to fan pages on the Android app.

5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Android app catches up in all areas soon. The iPhone app has already been updated to support the new places functionality. With all the android growth facebook is going to have to step up and fix our app soon.

6. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Agree with most of what has been said above. The Facebook app for Android is terrible. Perhaps the worst aspect of the OS.

7. SukDeezNutz

SukDeezNutz Well-Known Member

They released it for the iPhone either yesterday or this morning based on the Unlockr's facebook page.

8. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Yeah I'm not expecting to see Facebook Places integrated anytime soon with the Android app. They haven't even updated the Touch Facebook site yet.

9. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

we still need to get notifcations for wall post.... BB has had it for years android is way behind