Another Fix Update

Last Updated:

1. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, it's not an update to Android 2.1 or anything, but there are a slew of improvements,

* Relocated

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Whenever I try to open the link you posted it brings up an error. How exactly is the battery life improved?

3. dzine2fit

4. imabug

imabug Member

I managed to grab the 1.4.8 update when it was released in beta. I noticed a small improvement in battery life over the .38 firmware (which dramatically improved battery life over the original firmware).

The biggest issue I've had with the update is that it seems to have made GPS performance worse for me, rather than improving it like the release notes say.

Still, it's a pretty good update overall.

5. dzine2fit

I am counting down for 2.1, already cliq is fast I wonder how the 2.1 will work on it, wil it make it laggy or what.

6. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

I don't really notice a difference, but uh...I guess it's good

7. liljae8

liljae8 New Member

i notice a difference, specially on the touch screen.

8. rob41195

rob41195 Member

After updating my Cliq to 1.4.8 on Thursday i have notied that the touch screen has been much more accurate especially when using the on-screen keyboard in landscape mode. Also the phones battery life seems to be a little improved. not by much, but it has still somewhat improved. now if only we could get the phone to turn on quicker... :)

9. Castle

Castle Member

I am relieved that the touch screen is improved. Battery is a tad better it seems. Is it more stable? Eh, maybe. However, guys this is still vintage 1.5. Unlike a fine wine, it's really not getting better with age. I mean, G1 owners are laughing at me lately. Hmmmm.......HD2

10. rob41195

rob41195 Member

Well at least there one good thing about still having 1.5 on the Cliq, development. As the android software gets updated it will become more difficult to hack. I have been wanting to root my Cliq for a while now but im not exactly sure of what all it does and what all you can do after rooting it. Also im not sure of the risks i will have to take when rooting my device

11. Castle

Castle Member

Yes but as we update our Cliqs we put ourselves out of the custom roms market. I'm sure there is no custom ROM for 1.4.8 users yet. You are wise to be concerned about rooting and installing cooked roms. Besides voiding any warranty we may have, I've read lots of owners bricking their devices attempting to load custom roms. I might try it if I had a backup android device. Now if I had an EVO 4G I'd experiment with this cliq all day ;)

12. rob41195

rob41195 Member

the EVO 4G is basically just the android version of the HTC HD2, but it is still an outstanding phone. I was actually planning on rooting my Cliq later tonight but before i do i wanted to see if i could backup the original rom or download the original rom in case i mess up something because im not all that too familiar with rooting yet :p

13. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member

will probably be the same as the Droid running 2.1...

14. IINaDII

IINaDII Active Member

i wish i can go back and not update my phone.. my battery is so drained since this update and my 3g is patchy.. anyone else?

15. cguilford

cguilford Member

I'm having the battery drain issue as well. But seems to be a bit quicker and more stable.

16. imabug

imabug Member

Check your battery profile setting? I remember after the 1.3.38 update, my phone switched itself from Smart Mode back to Performance mode. Got better battery life when I discovered the switch and changed it back to Smart mode