Another Froyo Rumor????

1. RevJonG

RevJonG Member

Advertisement
  2. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

That would be odd that they're all releasing it on the same day and of course the quote above makes me think its not happening.
  3. I believe it will be some time in August. Multiple sources state that and I think they have some substance. I don't think it will be much longer.
  4. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

5. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

I can care less about the update now, since i'm rooted to froyo. Don't wanna give up bugless beast, wifi tether and overclocking.
  6. I really don't get it. If you have the capacity to resist rooting, why don't you have the capacity to wait for 2.2, regardless of when it comes? Either root and have 2.2 or just wait it out.
  7. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when my phone tells me it's time to update. I'm sick and tired of getting my hopes up.
  8. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

9. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

Is this likely going to be FRG01?
  10. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

who knows...I would bet that there is a slightly different version by the time it actually gets pushed.

I dont believe that VZW will have their top 3 android phones updates start on the same day. That would be rough on their infrastructure and their tech support especially if more than one update has issues.
  11. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

Too many thing going on to worry about it. When it comes, I'll update. Nice phone, nice OS.... but I can live with 2.1 for now.
  12. Ally305

Ally305 Well-Known Member

Can somebody please explain to me what Froyo exactly is?

Thanks.
  13. cevMkV

cevMkV Well-Known Member

a frozen tasty treat :D
  14. milellie111

milellie111 Well-Known Member

Will it give me 720p video or an HDMI out?
  15. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

No. It will speed up your phone and make it flash ready along with many other things, but no 720p recording.

3.0 aka Gingerbread is supposed to have those type of updates updates (rumored), but depending on which phone you have you many never have it. (D1 does not have an HDMI out built into it.)