Another Google Play headache...Support

1. Sinhalaman

Sinhalaman New Member

I am not the biggest fan of the Google Music Manager...uploading new songs from iTunes via playlists always is slow or non-functioning. Unfortunately, this is the portal to uploading songs to my Galaxy Nexus so I'm truly at the mercy of the Music Manager.

Today, my headache resides somewhere in the space between Google Play and my Nexus. I managed to successfully upload a Springsteen song from iTunes, which shows up listed under the appropriate album in Google Play.

The only problem is that the song does not appear in the Music Player on my Nexus. Certainly, it doesn't show up under the "Last Added" playlist and when I click on the Springsteen album where the other songs are listed, it doesn't appear there either. What gives? In the past, whenever I have successfully uploaded songs to Google Play, they automatically and immediately appeared on my Nexus. Uh, not this time...

What is going on?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Its smart enough to know that no one really wants to listen to a Springsteen song so it hides it :D

Some of my songs took a while before they showed up.
  3. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

Ughhhh, I hate the google music cloud service. i figured at first it would be so convient to have all my songs on the cloud and listen or download them on the go... but it took waaaay to long, took my phone around 5 minutes to start a song >.<

Use itunes agent to move all the songs to a seperate folder on your computer, then just move that to your phone via drag and drop, so much quicker that way, for me. and when you add a new song or album, itunes agent to port it to the folder, and then drag to your phone.

100th post!!! :D
  4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

actually the google play music player is one of the best players out there.

cloud storage is impressive and depends on your connection for starting a song or loading them to your device.

i wouldnt say it is googles service, but 9 times out of 10 your connection speed.
  5. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

Try refresh music under settings. Mine always works flawlessly.
  6. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Yep, try this.

Also, I don't use Google Music for streaming much. I use it as a great sync service that I can sync anywhere.

Music I want to listen to gets "pinned" to the phone. That downloads it and stores it locally so you don't have to have a data connection.

Music I'm done listening to gets unpinned. Boom, gone from the phone.

This way I basically have a wireless sync service, only I don't have to be home to use it.
  7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that an issue with your connection, not the service itself.

Either way, the old tried and true method of dragging and dropping music still works, especially if you live in an area with poor data connectivity.
  8. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

My only issue was a speed thing. Not so much on the phone end, but with 30k+ songs to upload, and on a 3M dsl connection, would've taken FOREVER to upload. While I would love to do it, I just can't see spending all that time with my PC on to send it all up. I just reverted to dragging and dropping a few hundred songs, and change them so often to keep things fresh.
  9. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

Then why not set a few hundred a night? Could be done in a week or 2.
  10. rparra14

rparra14 Active Member

I've had something similar happen to me. Check the properties of the song and make sure that artist, album artist, and album have some data there. I spent a lot of time using google music and I make it a good habit to fill out all three of those fields. Hope it helps. -Ryan
  11. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

It works fine and fast for me. I'd leave iTunes behind. Just have Music Manager discover the folders that contain your music, that's it.
  12. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Google music has been flawless for me too. Any time a song didn't show up right away it was because I didn't have Google Music setup to sync on my phone.....or I had "download on wifi only" checked off. Going into the app's menu > settings > refresh immediately updates the Nexus' music.
  13. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Ditto - works like a charm.