Another Handcent questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So out of the blue today my handcent starts getting 2 messages each time i get a text message. Even displays both of them in the bubbles. I've made sure handcent is the default and of course I've disabled the stock message apps. But after I installed the new froyo update I have 2 txt msg stock apps. Messaging and Text Message. Anyone know what .apk to remove to get remove them and where those apks are... and the big thing... how to get the dang double messages to stop. It stinks because it makes me always have an icon on the notification bar saying I've got unanswered messages.

Advertisement
  2. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just decided to restore my nandroid of sept 4th. Has flyx and tranquility together and was the last truely.stable rom I had going. Plus I kept the version of handcent I had from the nandroid and didn't update it. Should have.fixed that problem because I wasn't having the.problem then.

3. aloha.android

aloha.android Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to fix the timestamp issue? It's beginning to bug me..... A LOT

4. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

It is fixed in handcent, if you are on a ROM with vanilla Froyo you have to set the delivery notification offset to 0. If you are on stock DX ver of Froyo you need to have it set to default (I think it is -5).

5. rehpyc

rehpyc Well-Known Member

I fixed it by going to Chomp instead :eek: