Another Kies UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. stylelite

stylelite Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yet another update for kies, version 1.5.3.10093.81.
    This time it only took about 5 mins for it to do the update, but it still hasn't fixed the firmware update freezing/crashing when you exit it.

Advertisement
  2. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

i dont no why they keep sending out updates for kies

3. Halk

Halk Active Member

It still doesn't allow me to update my firmware, or save the contacts. Says the phone is in use.

4. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

I see zero use for the app except to update the firmware. Saving contacts or files or doing anything else with it is a waste of time and can be done much easier other ways. That app is one of worst I've ever seen, I thought the HTC Sync app was crap but this one beats it. At least it does firmware update, whenever that finally happens....

5. Halk

Halk Active Member

The app was designed for Samsung's operating system, not Android, and Samsung are using it to distrubute firmware updates. I wish they'd just go for a straightforward firmware update program. The software has been inept bloated crap for many years, even when it was called something else.

6. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

really. I'm not familiar with its history but it was a shock when I installed it recently. An instant turn off just to do updates. Even if all of the other features were remotely functional it would still be the worst app I've seen for many years. A simple ADB style update process wrapper would make too much sense. RUU style also sucks so they should keep it simple and direct and allow it to work from a broad range of machines. I've endured the agony of several keis updates and am still waiting for that magical OS update that will make this phone worth what I paid for it.

7. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Well, it's a decent video converter to be honest.

8. lobo76

lobo76 Well-Known Member

except that one of the selling pts of this phone that the you shouldn't need to convert the videos in the first place. :cool:

9. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Can't run 1080P video on an android phone~ I have a few BD movies.