Another Love-Hate Thread PostGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cwk

cwk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Love

• The Internet in my pocket -- how cool is that?
    • GPS-based apps -- RunKeeper, RMaps, Google Maps Navigator
    Hate

• The dialer -- no "pause" or "wait" key
    • Easily confused. Lag time when dialing or interacting with the touch screen. Verizon suggests a.daily therapeutic boot.
    • User interface on the Contacts screen is muddled and unintuitive.
    • Picture text messages come as one-slide slide shows. You get to look at the picture for 5 seconds and show's over.
    • Apps never exit and eat battery. Maps is bad this way.
    • Some apps just randomly start. Amazon MP3, Peep, Footprints tend to start without notice and I've never used most of them.
    I'm not far from taking this 2-month-old phone back to the Verizon store to trade it for a Blackberry. Why should I keep the Eris?

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

root your phone and problems solved

3. smacky

smacky Banned

From your ilst, there doesn't seem to be a reason. GPS-based apps and mobile internet can be found on a $30 phone from VZW. Why Blackberry, though? I don't have much experience with RIM devices, but I know there are a few new ones coming out for VZW including the Storm 3.

Are you unhappy with the OS? The Peep and Amazon thing will start unless you root. But phones running the 528MHz CPU will not handle the better ROMs out there. Nor will they be any better overclocked.

Try getting a free replacement from customer service and see if that fixes anything. If not, sell the phone on eBay and buy a top-tier phone this time. The Eris was a bargain-big phone to begin with.

4. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

Smacky wow, 2001 posts! Congrats!