Another Motorcycle Mounted Evo 4g

Last Updated:

1. charlesdonahue

charlesdonahue Active Member This Topic's Starter

I mounted my Evo to my 1990 BMW K75s using the hard backing of the seidio limited edition case. Mounted that to my bike, and snap in my Evo anytime I want to ride with music (plug in my ear buds), or GPS.

Love this phone. Pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Wow nice. I'd be worried about that thing popping out over a bump though. My dad had a K75s back in the day...'89 or '90.

3. slimshady

slimshady Member

20yr old bike and only 17k miles you need to get out and ride more :p

4. StuntHard

StuntHard Member

what you have it mounted to your fork stem? and how?

5. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

thats outstanding... as far as it popping out... i had a $2 universal holder from walmart that my Pre was in and drove 600 miles to central arizona without it popping out

6. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

Very nice, clean...

7. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

very clean very nice....

but i would think that the face of the phone is facing the sky to directly. EVO has a lot of glare. If you are trying to view the EVO (GPS or other) you will have a hard time.

8. charlesdonahue

charlesdonahue Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm riding to Detroit and Toronto from Chicago Mon - Thurs. Then I'm riding to Indianapolis from Chicago Tues - Wed. I just bought this bike with 6,600 miles on it last season, and I've been putting some miles on it.

I took the back part of THIS EVO COVER, put some stick plastic velcro (the kind of stuff you use for an ez-pass/ipass stuck to your windshield for tolls). I have an additional strip on my bike. I'm thinking about reinforcing the plastic sticky velcro stuff with super glue, but I don't think it's necessary. Seems pretty damn solid, I've put a good 200 miles of highway riding (70-90mph), and it doesn't move. It sits kind of in the sweet spot under the cover of my windshield.

I use it mostly to listen to music. I put the player on shuffle, click the phone into the mount face-down (as to avoid any debris from the road snagging the screen), plug my ear buds in, and listen to my music. I haven't used it much for GPS yet, but I imagine I will when I'm out of town. Mid-day it is harder to read the screen (when the sun is beating down on it), but a cup of the hand quickly fixes that. Otherwise, it seems to work great for GPS when I tested it.

9. BoomerFZ1

BoomerFZ1 Active Member

I'ma do this for complete protection![​IMG]

10. ked0607

ked0607 Member

i have a stem mounted ram aqua box for mine. a lil big and bulky but its water tight