Another (new) battery question - please help!Support

Last Updated: 2012-07-29 05:29:24
  1. Tom Highway

Tom Highway Member

I know that there are a couple of questions here about the battery, but I have read through them and I think this is unique.

A couple of months ago, I noticed that my battery life got TERRIBLE. I hadn't added any new apps or functions, which is what I first suspected, so there really wasn't any change from the day before, when it was doing fine, and the next day, when it was doing awful.

I bought a charger and two new batteries, and have been going through the day switching to a second battery if I'm not by a charger, buy my preference is that if I'm near a USB port, I keep it charged all the time. (this may be part of the problem, I don't know)

Today though, really took the cake. I got on a conference call at 9:00 this morning. There are NO apps running, no email running, really nothing running in the background except the phone itself. When I started the call, the phone had 98% battery life. It's now 9:47 - 47 minutes into the call, and my phone is down to 64%.

The phone has basically gone down 33% in 45 minutes by only using the phone! This is typical.

The phone is rooted, and I don't know if it would help or hurt to unroot and do a full restore, or what.

I tried the Juice Defender app, which I didn't really like because when I used the phone after any downtime, the mobile connection and internet connection was turned off, and I couldn't even turn it back on through the settings functions.

Do you have any ideas on what I can do? Would unrooting it help any, and doing a full system restore/update?

Advertisement
  2. Tom Highway

Tom Highway Member

Anything?
  3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Try a different battery.