• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another newbie... even to smartphones

V.Lee

Jan 22, 2011
Hi there. I'm still in the information gathering stage. Currently have an ancient cell phone, with a prepaid plan where I've been paying $25/3 months and barely use that. I have an opportunity to get a new phone via a family line plan, and am trying to decide. I'll probably still not talk on it much (ha, remember when phones were just for talking!) but since I do a lot of internet etc at home, I can see where I could really use this on the go. Or on the stop, like when I was stuck in my car's service dept for 3 hr the other day.

I used to have a PDA that I used a lot and that experience makes me think I want a real keyboard! Family members have an Epic and an Optimus. I'm leaning Epic but $10 charge is a bit of a stumbling block. Transformer looks like a possibility, too. I just wish I had a crystal ball so I'd know how much I'd use/need the extra speed etc).

I'll probably be asking some really basic newbie questions, so I'll apologize ahead of time :) and if anyone knows of an Android for Dummies site, let me know!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones