Another newbie question - e-mail editingSupport

Last Updated:

1. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, is there a way to edit/delete the original if an e-mail that I am replying to or forwarding? WM could do it out of the box and the BB could with*forward, reply, edit" app. I find this quite useful.

Thanks Much. :)

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The stock app can't do it (well it can but you have to forward it without sending and then save as a draft and then go back in and edit it... ridiculous!) but if you download an email app you can do it easily. I use K9 but there are lots out there in the market.

3. charlyee

Thanks very much rosered, K9 is perfect.

I have a dumb followup question - I need to delete my GMail account and my pop3 account for the stock emails right?

4. rosered

I don't think you have to, just turn off the notifications.

(I did delete my pop3 from the stock app and wish I hadn't cos people ask questions and I can't go into it and check how to do things!)

I'd give it a few days just to make sure you are perfectly happy with the K9 app then get rid of it.

5. charlyee

Thanks very much. K9 has lots of options that I really like. :)

6. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

OK, gotta ask, K9, can you have more than one email client going into it (Yahoo, Gmail, etc..)? For example, I have 3 going into the stock email app and than all of my Yahoo clients going to Roid (Market App). I just wish that the email going to the Roid app would behave like the stock emails do. Why, because all of the emails that I have popping into the stock email app is connected with "Timescape", which is really sweet. So basically, Roid app is for Yahoo email that doesn't work through anything unless you are paying them. I guess it is time to dump Yahoo!

Timescape is getting better and better!

***Hi Rosered ;~)

7. rosered

Yes you can have multiple accounts on K9 but the big downside for you Gunny is that they won't show in timescape if they aren't also set up on the stock app cos thats where they get the notification from. I don't mind this cos I just use it for sms/facebook/twitter/pics.

Morning Gunny!

8. rosered

Yes you can have multiple accounts on K9 but the big downside for you Gunny is that they won't show in timescape if they aren't also set up on the stock app cos thats where they get the notification from. I don't mind this cos I just use it for sms/facebook/twitter/pics.

Morning Gunny!

9. charlyee

I don't use Timescape so this works very well for me. The ability to choose a different color for notifications is an additional bonus.

Thank you so much rosered :)

10. charlyee

rosered please help;

My deleted GMail keep reappearing in K9 Mail. Could you please let me know what settings you recommend to prevent this from happening?

Thank you so much.

11. rosered

I know lots of stuff but I don't know anything about googlemail, I only use a pop3 account. Perhaps you need to change the settings with it online so it stops sending you mail that has alread been sent to you? I do have googlemail online and there are lots of settings under the forwarding and pop/imap.

My email is from Virginmedia who use the same system as googlemail and mine don't reappear when deleted. Sorry to not be able to answer your question this time!

Edit....
    What have you got Expunge set to? Mine is on immdediately after delete or move but have to be honest I don't really know what Expunge does! its in Menu>More>Settings>Account Settings and scroll down to the syncing folders bit.

12. charlyee

Thanks rosered, my expunge is set to immediate as well.

I have a pop3 account as well (Roadrunner), and that is perfect on K9.

Thanks for all your help, please post if you think of something. :)

PS: Well I got it solved. Not exactly sure what I did but it is not happening anymore. I really like K9.

13. charlyee

Another question, next to my account it shows the number 5, and any new email adds to this number. However, I cannot find these 5 messages either on my device or on the server.

Where could they be hiding?

Thanks again. :)

14. rosered

Try Menu>Other>Accounts and then All Messages in serachable folders and see what it gives you.

If not try Menu>Folder List then Menu again Folders again then display all folders and see if it shows you where they are.

Never had that, bit annoying eh? Let me know if you get sorted!

15. charlyee

Thanks, they are suposedly in "All Mail", but there is nothing unread there.

Yes, quite annoying. Kind of ironic that the biggest problem I have had is with gmail on a Google device, everything else is fine as is my two pop3 accounts. :D

16. charlyee

Update:

rosered, I chose my sync and display option to "everything but second class folders", and made all the folders except for Inbox, Sent Mail, Outbox, Saved, and Trash to second class folder.

This seems to have solved my problem, keep your fingers crossed for me and much thanks for all your help and guidance. :)

17. rosered

Well done you! A bit of persistence often pays. Hope you are now well and truly set.

18. charlyee

Yes, I definitely am, except when I run into another newbie problem again. lol

19. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

Oh Look Google updated their Gmail app so we can access more prev text when editing and so on...
    Updated Gmail app in Android Market - Official Gmail Blog

What's that Googs? need froyo? fack offf..... *sigh*