Another noob saying hello

Last Updated:

1. CellGuy

CellGuy Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Android Community!

I currently work in retail wireless sales as well as home and small office IT work. (By IT, I mostly clean viruses for people...easy work with good pay.) I have been doing wireless on and off since 2000 and I have been using smart phones (Mostly Windows Mobile) for about 5 or 6 years. The platforms I have used are Windows Mobile, Palm OS, Blackberry, Symbian, Iphone, and now Android. My first smart phone was a Palm Treo 650. It was an awesome device in terms of what it could do but for the most part, it was a terrible device. I moved on to the HTC 8125 and I was hooked. I became a member of Howard Forums in 2005 and XDA in 2006. More recently I left the world of GSM for a CDMA carrier and joined up at PPCGeeks last year where I have since become a VIP member through my (now closed) CellGuy Mods. Essentially I was a Manilla Modder where I developed themes for Windows Mobile devices running Sense UI. I dabbled in cooking ROMs as well but never released anything publicly. I also helped out in a few ROM threads with general troubleshooting.

I recently purchased the HTC Desire and am leaving the world of Windows Mobile. Android has exceeded my expectations from the moment I turned the device on. It's not perfect by any means, but the stability it offers is light years beyond the WM platform. I'm hooked and excited to become a contributing member of your community. I have a fair amount of background in Linux (not a pro by any means) and hope to be able to use that knowledge to assist in improving the underground community of these devices.

Sorry if my wall of text has crit you for 16,000 (WoW reference) but thanks for taking the time to get to know me.

-CellGuy

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join into the conversation!