Another otterbox rantAccessories

Last Updated:

1. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just a shame that htc and sprint can get the update out but otterbox can't get a freaking case made? That is just sad!

Advertisement
  2. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

Did you complain to them?

Imagine if you had an Incredible

3. bama78792000

bama78792000 Member

I agree. They sure pushed one out fast for the iphone 4 though.

4. BigAinCA

BigAinCA Active Member

well, there are a lot more iPhones out on the street which means it makes more sense to get that case out first :)

5. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

Thank them by taking your business elsewhere. I signed up on Otterbox several weeks ago to have them email when they get one out, but still no word from them at all.

6. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Heh their facebook page is filled with angry android folks saying they've gone seidio..

7. KASR

KASR Member

They've got several cases in the works - as far as getting iPhone 4 cases out before our EVO's that was a safe bet marketing towards a huge user base. We'll get our cases. Can't wait for the Commuter!

8. CyberRube2

CyberRube2 Member

What kind of stupid company decides till after a phone is released and sold out to start to R&D a case for it.

9. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Hmm a few characteristics come to mind...

A company that knows that there are five times more requests--not consumers who have purchased, but mere requests--for iPhone cases than Evo cases. There are more consumers who have purchased the iPhone and will likely stumble upon Otterbox rather than already knowing about it and requesting it.

A company that has limited manufacturing and R&D resources.

A company that knows that Evos only account for roughly 1-2% of the entire Android market, and despite the good sales of the Evo, Verizon will probably sell more Android phones over the long haul.

A company that looks after its profits (but which company doesn't?).

I'm not defending their lack of cases for the Evo and the slow rate at which they bring one to market, but honestly, I can't blame them. We're phone-centric people, so of course we're a bit irked.

10. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member

They lost me today going somewhere else.

11. charlottenian

charlottenian Active Member

I'm in that same boat as you

Bagua likes this.
  12. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

I bought a cheap case off amazon for $9.99 to get me through until they make the announcement. All I have to say is I hope they are making a really sweet case to do the phone justice since it's taking so damn long.

13. vicshalls

I am so with you on that. I got the seidio active case a while back. I even emailed then today suggesting that they make the skeleton shell a stand alone item. This way you don't have to get the entire case if you want to change the color but I still really want the otterbox.

14. Drewray

Drewray Active Member

Good post. However, read the following article. While it's not specific to the EVO, it does suggest that Otterbox may want diversification.

HTC Stealing Market Share from Motorola and RIM - iPhone's sales might also be affected - Softpedia

15. Drewray

Drewray Active Member

Seidio actually makes what appears to be a decent, Otterbox like case:

Innocase Active For use with HTC EVO 4G - Black

The only thing I desire in my case is protection for the ports i.e. headphone jack, hdmi, and usb ports. That's the only reason I have been trying to hold out for Otterbox (assuming they provide this protection since they did for my Hero)

16. Drewray

Drewray Active Member

How do you like the Seidio Active case ?

17. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member

I have the Seido Innocase Active with Holster, used it for a day because I just received it and love it. easy out with the holster secure and nice protection from the case. Adds a little bulk but I'm comparing that to Amzer's jellyskin and IMHO not that much more.. There's more protection and the quality is tops, you won't regret it. I ordered the white just to have a different color than I'm used to.

18. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

The Seidio Innocase Active is EXCELLENT for the EVO. They also have finally released a leather horizontal case to the EVO that will work with the Innocase Active applied. I have had my case (IA) for over a month now, and am not even remotely interested in ANY offering from Otterbox or Case Mate. I simply got sick of waiting! The Innocase Active case is a 10!

Bagua likes this.
  19. USCellularHTCDesire

USCellularHTCDesire Member

I tried to buy a case from Otterbox a week ago from their website and paid for 2 day shipping. They never sent an email, nothing. I called them to find out what was going on. After I was on hold for 30 minutes, they said "yeah that case in on back order". I canceled on the spot.

Otterbox: great cases, poor customer service

20. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I doubt Otterbox will lose sleep over those of us that take our business elsewhere. Their cases are by far the best on the market, which is why I will be waiting. Got a cheapy type case to give my phone some protection in the meantime. But to invest real money in something other than an Otterbox is just investing in an inferior product, plain and simple. It also sucks that they don't seem very good in the customer service department. But that doesn't make their cases any less awesome.

21. vicshalls

I am glad they are making progress now. Still holding out for the defender case tho. Maybe it will be out in time for my wife to get it for my birthday. Lol

22. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member