another overclocking question

Last Updated:

1. jc82

jc82 Member This Topic's Starter

well after dragging my feet on rooting my droid I went ahead and did it and I dont know why I waited so long everything went pretty well, got 2.2 froyo. I decided after that to try overclocking some for more speed and went in the market and got the overclocking widget and can get 800 mhz. Thats pretty good but I thoight I would try a p3 overclocking kernal to try and get more speed.
    I put the kernal in the root of my sd card and went into recovery mode and found the kernal and installed it and rebooted now I somehow have to get it to work. I know its recomended to buy setcpu from the market and I did but its not downloading it keeps saying authorizing purchase. Is there another way to get my overclocking kernal to work?

Advertisement
  2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Depending on the rom you have installed, most of them run the kernal at the highest slot, on demand. as far as being able to adjust your clock speeds on the fly, I think setCPU is your best bet. might wait a bit and try to download it again...

3. jc82

I got an app on the market called cpu benchmark and it says i am running at 600 mgz so I guess just installing the kernal wont overclock the phone I need something to get that kernal to work. I guess I need setcpu but Ive been waiting for it do authorizing purchase for over a day now. I emailed the guy but got no response yet

4. trav473

if you haven't recieved an e-mail saying that your transaction has completed, trying going in and clearing your market cache, then try again. might help.

5. jc82

do you know how to do that? I looked around but found no cache for the market anywheres

6. trav473

from the home screen go to Settings>>> Applications >>>> Manage Applications..... at the top touch on the "All" tab..... scroll down to the Market app and touch. then click on "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache"

7. jc82

that was a good suggestion but it didnt work. Damn thing wont evan let me cancel out so I can try it again. I know the overclock kernal is on my phone I can see it when I go to the kernal version in my settings. If there isnt another way other than setcpu to get this to work I may have to wait until this issue is resolved I guess...I least i have the overclock app that gives me 800mhz. I do appreciate the help