Another Photon OTA update rolling out (45.2.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US)General

1. roidme

roidme Member

Hello...Just did an update tonight (9/13) and got a new update. Waiting to see some release notes.

Advertisement
    simcha and drexappeal like this.
  2. roidme

roidme Member

It updated to 45.2.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US
  3. mahlhorn

mahlhorn New Member

I also got the update tonight. I read some chatter on XDA about possible fixes to wifi? I haven't had any issues, but I know many have. We'll see I guess when the release notes come out.
  4. roidme

roidme Member

My Wifi has been stellar with no problems before this update. I was hoping it would update us to 1080p. No love there.
  5. ghodzilla5150

ghodzilla5150 Well-Known Member

Does NOT Close Root Exploit. I updated both my Photon's (Wife's and Mine) and Rooted both in 10 minutes. Used Root Check (Advanced) and have Root and Busy Box.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.
  6. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member

Wifi connection is showing 72Mbps after the update... I don't remember getting 72Mbps.
  7. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

I just got the update to version 45.2.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US. I just posted a thread on the Mototola Support Forum for the Photon 4g asking what this update did. I'll let you all know if or when I get an answer.
  8. epark1281

epark1281 Member

Perhaps an update for LTE? Maybe this is the first phone to carry the new beceem chip that has both wimax and LTE in board? And maybe perhaps there can be peace in the middle east after all.

Edit.
    Just checked speednet, im getting 2.2mbps down now!
  9. GottWhat

GottWhat Well-Known Member

Here is the link provided on the update screen: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/MB855/Sprint/RN_Blur_Version.45.2.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US.htm

10. GottWhat

GottWhat Well-Known Member

Would like to add that I never thought I had a problem with wifi before but I can definitely notice an improvement in speed.
  11. tlaz

tlaz Member

Maybe it's just me, but the proximity sensor issue is gone. now when I've finished a call, the proximity sensor recognizes when I move the phone away from my face and the keyboard lights up. maybe it's just the re-boot?
  12. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Nice! Just saw this now. Stickied temporarily, so others can see.
  13. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

Anything released yet on what they did exactly?
  14. drexappeal

I don't know exactly what this fixed, but now a couple of my email accounts don't work and the internal storage drive takes forever to be identified.

I'm about to hard reset and start over again, just to be sure. Backing up everything now.
  15. drexappeal

Still backing up my files. I'm going to wipe both my sd and internal storage, just to be safe.

Anybody notice any difference.

I'm removing this sticky because some people might not have seen this thread at the top.
  16. KB1616

KB1616 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's really strange. All i did was revert back to the previous OTA update via the Yay4Juggs post on XDA, and then downloaded and installed the update without any problems. It seems weird that the email didn't work...
  17. drexappeal

Yeah, but it's okay. I didn't hard reset after the first update, so better I do that now, just to be sure everything is alright.
  18. whipped99

whipped99 Member

Holy cow!! I've had my MoPho off the charger since 10AM and I still have 60% battery remaining 8 hours later. Mind you this is screen at about 30% brightness, moderate texting, web and voice. Battery life wasnt this good before the update. Maybe it's just a placebo effect.
  19. drexappeal

Just realized that the reason I was having issues with my email is because 3G wasn't connecting. When I connected to wifi, no problem.

Weird. On the phone with Sprint trying to troubleshoot.
  20. drexappeal

Okay, Tech support helped me troubleshoot. 3G working again. So weird.
  21. Drop Knowledge

Drop Knowledge Well-Known Member

What was the issue? I haven't had any 3G issues since updating last night, just curious.
  22. Skrillex

Skrillex Well-Known Member

I think wifi seems to be quicker but have not noticed anything else so far. But damn 2 updates from Motorola already, the support is impressive for this phone. So glad i didn't return it for the galaxy s2...
  23. Mikenk

Mikenk Well-Known Member

I live in a weak reception area. Before this last update, my signal strength bars would vary randomly and frequently from 6 bars to 0. At zero, my calls would be dropped. Since the update, it seems to be more stable at about 3 bars which would be great. Anyone else notice this more stability in the bars?

Mike
  24. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

The only thing I noticed for sure was a vast improvement in how quickly the wireless connected to my router at home. Before it would take a minute or two before the signal was usable, but last night it latched on almost immediately after I hit the toggle. So yay. :)
  25. wynand32

wynand32 Well-Known Member

I also noticed this morning that my Photon DISconnected more quickly when it lost a valid wifi signal. Normally, with both my previous Epic and the Photon before this OTA, I'd leave my house, get in my car, drive a fair distance up the road, and wifi would JUST hang on but without actual throughput just long enough to be a pain in the arse.

This morning, by the time I got in my car and pulled out of the driveway, it had already disconnected wifi and connected to 3G. This is a good thing--it's terribly frustrating to have to wait for wifi to finally decide it doesn't actually have a legitimate connection, and then for 3G to pick up.

Very nice.