• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another pimp feature from appbrain.

powerkiter

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
UK
To lazy to type this is a copy and paste from the blog.

Change your wallpaper and send links to your phone with AppBrain

Do you have an image on your computer you would like to use as a background wallpaper on your phone? Or you just found an interesting article on the web and would like to send it to your phone to read it on the go?

Click the blue writing for the blog.

Does it work?

I dont know I dont have a phone :(

It was a facebook wall post by appbrain.

Small print....

To enable these new features please install the latest version of the AppBrain app and sync once, then you are ready to go.
The direct updates of wallpapers, links and uninstall actions require the phone to run Android 2.2 (it makes use of the C2DM framework). Older phones are supported as well, however you need to sync in the AppBrain app to update the background you selected or to receive the URL you sent.

Typical, we don't get full functionality. Not even got 2.1 on my phone, but then I guess I should be grateful for small mercies.... at least I still have a phone! Any news of the rebuild / replacement?

Upvote 0
See if you are an old git like me then all your friends are running old Nokia or SE's from two or three years ago so my Sony Ericsson is very 'modern' to them!! I hear where you are coming from tho with the Desire, they have got the updates out pdq in comparison to us. Will your insurance let you get a different phone?

I hope you can get the stuff off the phone you need, it would be a shame to lose work over it. Might tap you up next summer if you teach... it would be right up my son's street. Do you provide the kit or do they have to have their own stuff? Taking him and his mate to Cornwall week after next so they can do some surfing... or at least wallow around and fall off the board a lot.

Upvote 0
I doubt the insurance will let me swap but (I might be kidding myself) we should get 2.2 at some point, plus the I do like to buck trends. When everyone was getting Nokias years ago I would go Sagem or SE even though there was no games or accessories for them I just hate being the same so by my own stubborn fault I will likely stick with the X10.

Yes I provide everything from the kites to safety gear and insurance :)

Not sure if you would tell me off for posting a commercial link :p so scan this for my site :D

qrcodeforwebsite.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones