1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Another possible work around for bootloader???

1. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. enigmadroid

enigmadroid Well-Known Member

nizlovelots likes this.
  3. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Yeah I found it elsewhere but it wont recognize my phone neither does lgnpst or whatever its caleed.
    nizlovelots likes this.
  4. enigmadroid

Does QPST work for ya? The version I have didn't for me. There's another thread where the guy states which version worked for our device.
    nizlovelots likes this.
  5. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Well-Known Member

QPST 2.7 Build 374 works. It will return an error message after writing to the phone and the phone won't restart automatically, so you have to do it manually. However it does write the data to the phone.
    enigmadroid, nizlovelots and adanmex like this.
  6. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Yea just needs to be a version compatible with the LTE radio
    enigmadroid likes this.
  7. snake557

snake557 Well-Known Member

does that mean you can't save qcn phone files
  8. zimlokks

zimlokks Well-Known Member

i wonder if we could try watever the did to the droid razr? i cant link bt google is yur friend
  9. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Well-Known Member

our best bet is to try what they did with the optimus 4x....since our phone is also an LG...

stuff they've done to Motorola phones will not work on our devices
  10. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

I was googling and came across something that said we could use HTC type unlock?
  11. benalmighty

benalmighty Well-Known Member

The 4x uses an apk for the phone. I downloaded it but never had a chance to go through it. If you're on a computer you could check it out.
  12. zimlokks

zimlokks Well-Known Member

link me? lolz im on mi phone nd dont currently own a computer

and htc & moto have unlockable devices now i wonder wats LG true ententions? sorry if im off topic....
  13. plasticarmyman

go ahead and try that out...good thing we have an unbrick guide
  14. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

I know some of their phones they have to use ADB to bypass some of their newer boot loaders for kernels and such, even though they have an unlocked boot loader it still makes it hard to do some stuff like flashing new kernels through recovery.
  15. plasticarmyman

the thing is....we have an LG phone...not a motorola...not an HTC...not a Samsung....the likelyhood that ANY of their methods will work for our phone is slim to none....you can try 'em out...because there is the slim chance that one of 'em just may....kind of like how the gingerbreak.apk was usable by many models from different manufacturer....and the fact that we have an unbrick guide should fix any issues that any of those methods may cause, so go ahead and try...but be warned...you may b0rk your phone

edit: i have been all over this forum and i cannot remember if anyone tried the 4x unlocker app...so i'm going to go ahead and try it out...backing up and testing 1.0 version first...result will be posted here
  16. plasticarmyman

Well...the LG optimus 4x app booted my phone into CWM...i am stuck in a bootloop at the boot animation right now...and the resolution was all messed up...but it worked...so we just need the kinks worked out...

Dexter_nlb from xda gave us permission to use this as a base if we need to...i asked him on xda about it
    chicle, blaze420916 and jpizle like this.
  17. enigmadroid

Using 2.7.378 I can save the configuration and write it but..some fields it doesn't write. Not all features work as far as I can tell.