another problem with, you guessed it, 2.1... t-mobile

Last Updated:

1. kerryd

kerryd New Member This Topic's Starter

hi there, i have been somewhat lax with my updates on my hero, and have only recently been made aware of the 2.1 android update.
    i only udpated my build number to 2.73.110.91 yesterday, which i had to reinstall the 2.73.110.26 to do so. im under the impression that i should of recieved a prompt to update to 2.1 over the air? which has not happened...

i have tried to /menu/settings/sytem software update, but im told there is no update availible.. i have also attempted the 'move the clock forward' trick, but to no avail...

have i missed another required update somewhere? or am i being plain stupid?

any help will be hugely appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. hero159

hero159 New Member

I'm in the exact same situation so any help would be appreciated.

3. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

The phone checks for updates every 2 weeks so you have to move the clock forward enough for it to think another check is due - just try moving it forward a month.

I had to repeat this about ten times before it worked for me because the date kept getting set back to the correct value, despite having the automatic date setting turned off.

4. hero159

hero159 New Member

I've tried moving the date and still nothing. The check for update button just tells me I'm already up to date. Help

5. b0ltyb0y

b0ltyb0y New Member

I may be wrong about this but the second part of the T-Mobile update isn't out yet. If your phone has the link Menu->about phone->system software updates, then it's possible your phone is already set to receive the second 2.1 update once it comes out.

I could be wrong. I'm basing that on the fact that my Hero didn't have that option until I got the first part of the over-the-air update. My build number is now: 2.73.110.91 CL#154725

The second part is still yet to come, supposedly mid-July...yeah now damnit! But I heard a rumour it may not be until August. Knowing how much this has been delayed, I'd say August is a smart bet.

6. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

The UK T-Mobile 2.1 update is out, I know several people that have it, and it's running great (but seems to be an different/older build number than the official unbranded HTC Update interestingly)