Another Question for the Pro's...Support

Last Updated:

1. gicuenitro

gicuenitro Member This Topic's Starter

I recently had to replace my captivate after owning it for 10 days and experiencing all kinds of battery issues that it seems a lot of others are going through. I just wanted to be clear on some battery maintenance before I do something stupid with my new one.

The AT&T manual advises you to fully charge your battery when you get it while samsung tells you what I have always heard, which is to fully drain and recharge the battery when you first get the phone. This is what I have always done. Is fully discharging and then recharging the right thing to do? I would assume so, but I want to hear it from you guys.

Second. After the problem, I have become damn near paranoid on charging the phone. Since the purchase I ran it down completely until the phone shut itself down. I then fully charged the phone in one sitting. Am I now free to plug and pull when I need to? Should I do a couple more full cycles? God, this all sounds silly even while typing this..lol, but I have been sitting it opposite rooms because I am afraid to move the phone and break the charge...lol. God...I feel dumb. Don't laugh too much...Maybe I am? haha.

Help me out before I go crazy please. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. CASUAL

CASUAL Well-Known Member

I did what you did. I fully discharged and then charged to 100%
    everything will be fine if you just dont over charge it.

download a free app called juice plotter.

it will let you know how many hours and minutes you have left of battery, so your phone doesnt die out of the blue.
    and juice plotter will tell you how long to charge your phone in order to get 100% battery...

no need to do anymore battery cycles just use the phone regularly the main thing is to not over charge it for a long time. dont let it stay plugged in charging at 100% for 5 hours

if you go to settings--->about phone--->battery use----> it will show what kills your battery the most...be careful because Live wall papers really eat the battery juice up...so use live wall papers sparingly

gicuenitro likes this.
  3. gicuenitro

gicuenitro Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. That is pretty much what I thought. Definately makes it a bit tougher to start the day 100% for me if I cannot or rather should avoid leaving it charging overnight. I guess it is what it is....

I will check out that app. Thank you for your advice on that. I had been using a batter app called Battery Indicator....which seems to do a decent job of letting you know usage times but I will have to look at juice because Iam not sure it does the best job in telling you how long to charge.

Thanks again for all the help! On to the market....

4. CASUAL

CASUAL Well-Known Member

when you get Juice Plotter its gonna show up as an app that plots out your battery usage throught the day...its more useful when you use it as a widget

after you add it to a page as a widget it will show you all of the important stuff..

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Let it fully discharge a few times. That should make battery life a little better. Make sure u close any app u don't want running. That will help too.