Another Question...Where is the google toolbar with 4.0.4?

1. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member

And yet another question about 4.0.4...

Where are they hiding the google toolbar? I can call up google using firefox but the toolbar that is supposed to be there is, annoyingly enough, not?

Do I need to add something to get the screen to look and act like a competent search engine when used with android?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Have a look at your widgets.
    My HTC phone with ICS has there the Google search bar widget :)

Harry
  3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Long-press on a home screen > Add to homescreen > Widgets.
  4. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member

Alas, there is no such a thing o this tablet and good old google advises there is no longer a tool bar for either firefox or chrome, making firefox worthless on the tablet and making Chrome almost as worthless...
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Its not a toolbar. Its just the simple Google search widget. There was never a toolbar for Firefox nor Chrome, such a "toolbar" never existed. It may be a matter of semantics but the people you asked previously probably did not understand you. A widget for Chrome nor Firefox never existed. A separate Google Search app with a widget you can put on your homescreen does exist, but it is not connected to either Chrome nor Firefox. It can be set to open via any browser of your choice. If the Google search widget is not in your widget list, just download it from Play Store.
    Crashdamage likes this.