• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another reason why android is better than an iphone

UralBas

Lurker
Oct 11, 2009
Having used and iphone, a year ago I switched over to a g1. Yeah looks where not there. But the keyboard made the diff. Ever since I have found many little things that made my day over th iphone. Recently I came over a biggie. I just wanted to see how fast the network speed was. So I searched for an online utility that compared historical speeds and used java. Many required you to download apps. The majority that don't requirede flash. So I stumbled upon:

http://i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.html

And ran a 3g test. Latency average was 285ms and dosnload speed 2000 kbps. Hmm. Best iphone had to offer was 485ms. And something around 500 kbps.

Would be nice to see one of you tape this and upload it to google. I'm sure apple fans would scream at there provider.

Having used and iphone, a year ago I switched over to a g1. Yeah looks where not there. But the keyboard made the diff. Ever since I have found many little things that made my day over th iphone. Recently I came over a biggie. I just wanted to see how fast the network speed was. So I searched for an online utility that compared historical speeds and used java. Many required you to download apps. The majority that don't requirede flash. So I stumbled upon:

iPhone speedtest

And ran a 3g test. Latency average was 285ms and dosnload speed 2000 kbps. Hmm. Best iphone had to offer was 485ms. And something around 500 kbps.

Would be nice to see one of you tape this and upload it to google. I'm sure apple fans would scream at there provider.

no, they just be ignorant :p
also depends which Iphone you used, Iphone=sucks, Iphone3g=cool, Iphone 3s=Iphone 3g on meth and steroids(a good phone)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones