another Ringtone problem

Last Updated:

1. vportera

vportera New Member This Topic's Starter

I connected to USB on computer and mounted sd card. I opened drive on computer and had to add the folders explained here (Media/Audio/Ringtones, Media/Audio/Alarms, Media/Audio/Notifications). I then pasted a 60 second mp3 that I trimmed (Dire Straits - Once Upon a Time in the West) into the ringtones folder. I disconnected from computer USB and uplugged the cord. I then tried to find the ringtone on the phone without any luck. I went to the ringtones and it wasn't there, I also went to Sound and Display and not there either. Is this Sprint blocking me or is the phone broken or is my brain broken. Please advise what I could be, no make that, what I am doing wrong.

Tks

Advertisement
  2. andrewcgrimm

andrewcgrimm Well-Known Member

you have to put the ringtone in a folder named ringtone on the root directory of the storage card same with alarms and notifications

3. vportera

vportera New Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure what you mean by the root directory. Do I not have to create any folders?

4. andrewcgrimm

andrewcgrimm Well-Known Member

No you still have to create folders. Just in the main directory of the SD card.

so where you see all the folders on the SD card, thats where you put the three folders called

ringtones
    notifications
    alarms