another sbf reflashing help thread

Last Updated:

1. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been asked before but I havent been able to find an answer. Also sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Anyway so I tried reflashing the sbf to go back to 2.1 after 2.2 (a little bit too buggy for me). When I was using RSD and reflashing it, it got to the point where it said "manually power on phone" (or something along those lines) and while it was still connected was in a bootloop with the droid eye. I couldnt affect it at all, even after unattaching it. Is this just a patience issue? The only somewhat related post I could find mentioned leaving it and not doing anything.

Long story short I couldnt get it past that point and just reloaded the update.zip I had on my SD card. Any help would be appreciated (semi-noob about this stuff).

Advertisement
  2. sodaboy581

sodaboy581 Well-Known Member

Classic case of a user who didn't wipe user data or cache either before or after he flashed back to 2.1

3. tuftslax

Correct, I didn't originally wipe. Looked it up so as to not bother people like you who need to point out others failures, wiped it and tried again to no luck. Ended up with a factory clean 2.2 dx when all was said and done. I'm hoping you weren't intending to sound condescending but either way do you have a helpful answer now that I've confirmed your "classic case"?

4. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

That strange, if you wiped cashe, and then did a factory reset, and then flash sbf into your phone you shouldn't have that problem. I've done that yesterday 3 times

5. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member

So you had 2.1, got 2.2---SBF'd to 2.1 but couldn't get it past boot loop--went into recovery and applied 2.2?

I would try to SBF it again, once it reboots and is stuck in boot loop, pull the battery....Start it in recovery mode and do a factory reset and then reboot. Should bring you to 2.1.

6. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

Well as someone who has tried getting 2.2 on the phone 6 TIMES. (i know, right)
    me and RSD/SPF have become very familiar with one another. and wiping user data or cache, has no effect on the droid eye loop. (asking you to power down phone) the good thing this does is it lets you boot into recovery mode (you cant do this with the MOTO logo loop) then you click restore and your back to 2.1 non root.

7. tuftslax

BoSox I'll try what you said, it cant hurt at this point since I'm already factory wiped and I can still always jump back to 2.2.

BTW why does the user data affect this? I read somewhere else SBF only affects the /system files, and that things like apps and user data should have remained. Was this wrong information? (If I knew I had to completely wipe it I might have just stayed 2.2 to begin with)

8. tuftslax

Ok tried it again and did what BoSox said and it worked. Got stuck in boot loop, pulled battery, factory reset again, rebooted into 2.1. Anyone know why this kept happening? I imagine thats not the way its supposed to work...

9. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I flashed mine (a couple of hours ago), got stuck in the boot loop, pulled the battery, did the factory reset, rebooted into 2.1. I then flashed it a second time, which was completed (100% - Done) and it booted directly into 2.1. I know it probably isn't necessary but I like the idea of the phone turning on properly the first time and not boot looping.

10. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member

Great news!