Another shameless plug for the 2150.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Hikarius

Hikarius Active Member This Topic's Starter

I finally got my hands on this battery yesterday. I look it off an external charger this morning and popped it into my phone.

It has been off the charger since 6:38 AM.
    It is now 9:38 AM, and I'm still at 100%.

Wireless, Data, and GPS have been on the whole time. I've sent a few texts and updated market apps. I'm also running OTA Froyo.

Once I mod my Casemate tough case, I think I'll finally be completely happy with this phone. Until gingerbread phones :(

Advertisement
  2. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member

I too love this battery (but having some Froyo problems with battery life. Did a hard reset to see if it changes).

I am curious if the Incredible would get a gingerbread update, or I bet the XDA guys will find a way to root that.

-Sev

3. allenb

allenb Member

If you make your phone S-OFF verizon will never be able to stop you from rooting. Highly recommend you do that, as I'm almost positive we'll get some Gingerbread roms from XDA.

For some reason I feel like Verizon is going to drop further OS updates for our phone.

4. ORRY?

ORRY? Well-Known Member

I've been getting 35+ hours on my phone on full brightness, with Gmail sync, weather and news syncing every hour. Also helps when wifi is always on, though.

Oh, and I'm Froyo'd as well.

Only thing that's bothered me is that it takes a LONG time to recharge from the single digits. I was at 2% at 11pm last night, and when I woke up at 11am, the battery was only charged up to 88% :scratches head: It took another hour or so to get up to full power. So, roughly 13 and a half hours to recharge the 2150? Something's gotta be done about that.

5. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Well-Known Member

Whats super annoying with the 2150 is it takes forever to bump charge...

6. Sevreth

I found that powering off the phone / using a battery dock charges faster. Turned off I can go from single digit to fully (bump) charged in about 3-4 hours. I have a battery dock, so I just swap out the extended for my stock battery while the extended charges.

-Sev

7. ORRY?

ORRY? Well-Known Member

8. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Bump charge is a must if you are not using an external charger. You can literally sit there and watch it drop percentages if bump charging is not done via the phone.

9. Sevreth

10. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Well-Known Member

I just ordered this and my 2150 battery today. I got tired of not being able to use this phone how I like to. Now I don't need to worry about turning off 3g all the time and planning my charge cycles on where I'll be. A little extra bulk will be a small price to pay.

11. Sevreth

Yea, I love my 2150 battery. Hopefully there can be a froyo update to allow me 3+ days usage. I was thinking of rooting to try maximizing my battery. I would love to go 4 days without worrying about charging or being near a power source (I am an avid camper / hiker).

-Sev

12. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

There is no way you will ever get 3 days with keeping your phone on unless, perhaps, you turn off 3G, mobile, wireless and just use it as a phone. You'll get phone calls and text but nothing else. If you want all of the above then you should just buy another battery or two and swap them out as they die.

13. Sevreth

My Best time so far (pre Froyo) was 67 hours. I used Wifi when I could, 3G was always on and had about 7 hours awake time. Not too shabby.

-Sev

14. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

Are the desktop chargers for these batteries available? I only saw one kind of crappy looking plastic thing that reviews said wasnt worth the shipping charge from Amazon (free)