Another shortcoming of the gmail app...

Last Updated:

1. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I can go into the gallery app and multi-select a bunch of pics, hit share and email them all as attachments, but from the gmail app i can't multi-select a bunch of pics and have to attach them one at a time?

Sounds pretty dumb to me!

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

So, there is a simply way to accomplish the task? Doesn't sound dumb to me. I guess it's all about perspective...

3. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's dumb that the native gmail app makes multi-selecting attachments so needlessly difficult. Had the files I needed to send not been pictures I would've had no alternative than to attach each file one at a time.

4. Yugami

Yugami Active Member

It's not that they're making it difficult, it's that they have not added the feature. It take's work and is difficult to add in features such as that. They can't make the perfect app all the time. Just be happy you have it in the gallery at least.

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter because no matter what detail less than a hundred Google employees think to add to their native apps, 1 of a million users of the device is going to find something they missed and crucify them for not adding a convenience item. Multi-selection would have been a nice add-on, but you also have to consider they might have left it out for a reason. Who knows what that reason is? Either way, the interface is so quick, that to me, it's not THAT difficult to go back and forth. But that's the American culture I guess... lazy.

6. rzrshrp

rzrshrp Member

The post would have been just as informative without the last line. A big priority in features is to be able to do tasks with the least steps possible. If developers/engineers didn't design for us being "lazy," we'd still have to assign irq addresses to our pc cards and press the power button on the pc after the OS was finished shutting down.

7. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth.

8. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

Anybody else noticed the bug with the GMail app when you choose to reply to an email, then rotate the phone and open the physical keyboard, it will send the email(which is blank most of the time).

9. mdevine

mdevine Well-Known Member

In the gmail app I am trying to figure out how to send email to a group of users- using groups I have setup in desktop gmail. Handcent can somehow pull the groups I have setup in google/gmail, but the GMail app itself cannot? Seems weird.